Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 14 weeks and 2 days as of 5/30/2141  (Read 11897 times)

Offline captain_rusty

• http://www.s3cretcode.com
14 weeks and 2 days as of 5/30/2141
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2009, 05:29:55 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by www_Ps_com

+1

To give an idea about the importance of the Parker brand in the german market: On the big german guitar-related forums threads about high-priced Fenders, Gibsons, PRSes, etc. get opened literally every day. Parker guitars get mentioned maybe about 3 to 4 times a year. Most people in the age group 20-30 looking for an high-end guitar don't even know they exist or can't associate a brand with the unique looks of Parkers. This IMHO has -as you said - a lot to do with the lack of high profile endorsees, the lack of advertising, lack of an up-to-date website and lack of in-store availlability.

It's exactly the same in France - you almost never read about them on the guitar forums, the people that have heard of them have odd ideas about them (that they're all-composite, like Steinbergers), and I just about never get people (even other guitar players) coming up to me at gigs and asking about it - whereas they do if you have a Tele, Les Paul, etc... Parkers just don't register. I suppose that France isn't considered a prime potential market, though...

David

2001 Fly Classic -> Ibanez WD7 wah -> Digidelay -> Trainwreck clone -> 1x12 Fane cabinets
Fly clip: http://rustyzone.free.fr/rusty_meltdown_44.mp3
David

2001 Fly Classic -> Digitech GSP1101 -> PA.
Band web page: www.s3cretcode.com

Offline BrainWorm

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2009, 02:01:19 AM »
I thought the first page of the Dean website was teenage angst as seen by some 50 year old advertisement executive.

"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."

Offline Titus Pullo

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by BrainWorm

I thought the first page of the Dean website was teenage angst as seen by some 50 year old advertisement executive.

[:D]

I lasted all of about 5 seconds! Between pages like that and all the overdone Flash c**p where you stare at a 'loading' indicator only to be rewarded by content in a rectangle 1/4 the size of your screen with tiny scroll bars and squinty-small text, web design is fraught with idiocy and taste living only the mouth [xx(]

--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

Offline www_Ps_com

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:22 AM »
The Dean website clearly is focused on a younger demographic, with different tastes than your typical Parker player and I'm also no fan of the intrusive music that you are blasted with, but this wasn't the reason I cited it. I cited it because it has a lot of things the Parker site is missing: A news ticker, Endorsees, LOTS of product videos, interviews, links to dealers, a link to the product catalog, a newsletter, links to social networking sites and so forth. All easily accesible from the first page. It also properly scales with different desktop resolutions.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:35:14 AM by www_Ps_com »

Offline BrainWorm

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:32 AM »
Yes, it's good to have useful content. The style of the Dean website puts me off and I'm not going to dig through that style if I don't have to. Your typical middle aged goofball thinks the web is a television advertisement. It is an information resource that rewards efficiency because non-goofballs do not have time to waste being pitched an advertisement.

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »
I think the forum is good as is.

The main page is a little dated, but useable.

Apparantly USM had to shift their priorities.

darn recession.[V]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup