Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jazz Funk Gig  (Read 1247 times)

Offline guitarmanuk

Jazz Funk Gig
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
I recently had the pleasure of playing in a newly formed jazz/funk/blues/reggae band centered around the sax player from the band and duo.  Our first gig was in a small jazz club and there are a couple of pictures below.

The first picture is how I set up "The Office" initially.  The big board is for the Classic and the little board is for the Concert.  The intention was to play the Classic through the Boogie and the Concert through the AER but the drummer had a new drum kit and it took up too much space so I was restricted to 1 amp.  I opted for the AER and the small board.

The next picture is me playing the Concert, I think this must have been "Fragile" by Sting.

And lastly the Classic.  Not sure what this song was.

The chap that took some of the pictures also took a video which I hope to up load to the web site I am in the process of building for this new venture.  I haven't seen it yet but Kim reckons it is OK.  The web site is www.kimcypherband.co.uk and there are a bunch more images on there if anyone is interested. It is only a holding page at the moment until the rest of the site is built.

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Jazz Funk Gig

Offline danjazzny

Jazz Funk Gig
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
Looks good David. Lookin' forward to hearing the new band! [:D] [8D]

'05 Cherry Mojo; '95 Black Deluxe; '98 Blue Classic; '97 Alex Artist ; '99 Simonized Artist; '97 Custom Red Artist; Line6 Flextone 3++SpiderValve 212 Amps
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Jazz Funk Gig

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Jazz Funk Gig
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:59 PM »
Man what a high powered office. [8D]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Jazz Funk Gig

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Jazz Funk Gig
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
looking fantastic david, i really should catch one of your gigs sometime. i have to ask a question though, How far from mansons music shop are you? im up there towards the end of october to pick up my fly mojo  flame after they've modified it. i was thinking if your not too far out i may pop over and see you for a jam and trip down to the pub!

00' Nitefly M - natural (with GK-3 installed)
07' ice blue burst deluxe
05' Fly mojo flame black cherry with BKPs - :ETA 9 weeks.
96' soldano SLO 100 silver croc
Marshall Vintage modern 4x12 cab
Roland VG-99

http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/Kavanprice

Jazz Funk Gig

Offline guitarmanuk

Jazz Funk Gig
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 07:41:05 PM »
Kavan - I am about 2 hours from Manson's but you would probably come down the M4 and past Bristol and Gloucester is about half an hour up from Bristol.  It would be great to meet you.  We will have to see what we can sort nearer the time.

www.dancineasy.co.uk my wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk my sax and guitar duo
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch