Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: P6E opinions  (Read 2377 times)

Offline jasmeece

P6E opinions
« on: August 17, 2008, 04:21:38 AM »
Hi all,
I have been  looking at picking up a P38, P44 or night fly for church since I want to play electric on a few songs but typically play acoustic and really want to have the ability to switch back and forth in the same guitar, electric with acoustic sound.

After several E-bay searches I have come across a lot of offers for P6's as an acoustic with an electric option.  The prices are  great but I could not find very many reviews or sound clips of the these guitars. So can someone give some insight to there sound unplugged vs plugged in?  How about the electric pick up sound. Is it something that would pass as a single coil or is it more of a jass box sound?  Is there any youtube or sound clips of these guys or similar floating around?  

Thanks

Jas

P6E opinions

Offline bno

P6E opinions
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 09:50:50 AM »
It mostly sounds like an amplified acoustic, not a traditional electric, although the magnetic pickup does give you some "jazziness".  I have a P8E - it sounds incredible through amplification but is not the richest sounding acoustic all by itself.  On the other hand, the solid body electrics have a piezo output that gives passable pseudo-acoustic sounds, provided you have the right amplification.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

P6E opinions

Offline jasmeece

P6E opinions
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 09:31:32 PM »
Thanks,  I think that I might stick with the fly option