Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Breif history of Parker's owners and distributors  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Whiskeyneck

Breif history of Parker's owners and distributors
« on: August 15, 2005, 08:08:24 PM »
Hello, new around here, and am looking to buy the pm-20 with Bubinga top. My question deals with this guitar in specific, but Parker more generally, so I posted it here.

1. HOw involved is Ken Parker in today's Parker guitar business? I know Korg was involved for a while, and now I believe it's US Music, but how active is Parker himself?

2. How much involvement did Ken Parker have in designing the new Singlecut PM series?

3. Has anyone ever sought out a company like Bill Lawrence Pickups, Bare Knuckle pickups, or other pup makers about make retrofit pups for Flys/PM series?

Thanks very much for any replies. It will help a lot.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 11:17:58 PM »
Hi welcome to the Parker forum. [:D]

#1. Not much.

#2. None.

#3. Not likely.

I have no inside info just a guess on my part. I am probably wrong on #2 designs do take sometime to come to being and Parker was making guitars in Korea before the sale so some of the designs might have been in the drawing board but more likely just the idea and guiding principles were carried forward into the new guitars. This isn't really a bad thing often once a set of guide lines are constructed the originator doesn't have to control the product if the subsequent followers abide by the principles set forth. Often times some changes need to be made to a thing to keep it moving forward the the originator is not always capable of seeing that those changes are in fact improvements as he is too wed to the old idea. [^]

Alex
1996 Parker Fly Deluxe
1998 Parker Fly Classic
1999 Parker NiteFly S/S/H NFV7
2005 Emerald Acoustic X10
2004 Maven Peal Ganesha
2004 Marshall 4x12 Scumbag
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG