Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wider Selection of Colors and Finish Options  (Read 2968 times)

Offline ADV

Wider Selection of Colors and Finish Options
« on: August 16, 2005, 11:05:48 PM »
I love the Flys but there is not much selection in terms of finish options. The current selection of body finish is pretty lame on some of the models. The Artist only comes in butterscoths; same with the supreme. The mojo comes in black, red, or ugly natural mohgany. The Mojo flame comes in black cherry (nice!) trans blue, and ugly green.
If you want any other color you have to wait 5 months or more. That's crap.

This is supposed to be the guitar of the future. To me it seems like Parker is just not willing to go that one extra half step that will make the Fly a true guitar of the future.  

How about a chrome, mirror, or marble finish. Or maybe just more collors. Something a little more vibrant and futuristic.

Okay I'll stop before I start sounding like Queer Eye For the Straight Guy!

Tell you what, let's start a thread listign the colors we want Prker to offer.

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 03:02:01 AM »
ugly green?  methinks not!!  check out the yets and mermaids thread on the Fly Guitars topic area:
http://forums.parkerguitars.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=477

if you are still not convinced i will be amazed.
you are right though, there is not much colour choice.
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Offline loumt123

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »
the flamed mojo colors are all awesome looking. The deluxe comes in a variety of bursts and solid colors. What color would you suggest, they are the only one offering GREEN BURST and ICE BLUE BURST and BUTTERSCOTCH BURST as a STOCK option.

Offline loumt123

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:36:23 AM »
and by the way the finishes you mentioned are usually costly. for one i think marble would look "ugly", as you called the natural mahagony. And chrome and mirror finishes scratch and wear easily. Ibanez reported it.

Offline ADV

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »
David
You are right about hte Green burst on the MOjo. The picks look nice. I had it confused with the mint burst on the deluxe. To me that is an ugly color. But I still want more variety on the MOJO. How about some trans colors on the flame not just bursts. Something bright. As for the Supreme, there are endless options that could make that axe look cool.

CMP, don't get so sensitive abut me caling the natural mohogany ugly. To me it's just too plain for this guitar. The finishes I am talking about are only a sugestion.  So what if they are more expensive. As a matter of  taste marbleized finishies look cool to me.

I also think it is stupid that they offer more color options on the Deluxe, which is the cheapest of the one piece design models.

Offline JPage

• http://www.parkerguitars.com
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 03:33:38 PM »
As stated many times before, we'll do any color, any time through the Custom Shop.  Finish options are virtually unlimited.  All someone has to do is contact a Parker Dealer and provide them with a sample.  They'll forward it to us, we'll get out a price quote and go from there.

Furthermore, all the color options for the Deluxe are available on all of our models except the Import Series.  There is, of course a nominal upcharge.

The fact of the matter is no matter what color you want be it Production or Custom, you'll wait five months.

John

Offline ADV

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 10:07:35 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by JohnP

...There is, of course a nominal upcharge.

The fact of the matter is no matter what color you want be it Production or Custom, you'll wait five months.

John

Thanks John, no kidding. that is exactly what I was complaining about.
An upcharge for solid colors is ridiculous. Other guitar companies offers dozens of finish options on stock models and don't require their customers to wait five months.
They also don't delete their customer's threads on their forums just because their cusomers are get a little critical of their product!!![;)]  

« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:28:20 PM by ADV »

Offline JPage

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 08:20:41 AM »

Offline ADV

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 10:38:48 AM »
That's kinda funny because in the the thread that your link takes me to you yourself say that you do delete posts, just not all of them. That's comforting. We wouldn't want things to get too "edgie" as you say. After all there is nothing edgie or inovative abot parker guitars is there?[:p]

Anyways, who cares. It's your side, do what you want. Back to guitars.

Offline bno

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 10:51:48 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by JohnP

We don't delete posts.

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=760

John

I'm sorry but I would say very rarely is more accurate.  A "polite" response of mine to ******* on the subject of ******** and ******** was deleted....  which was fine with me because the whole thread was inappropriate anyway.  It should have been deleted. Its okay for the moderators keep the board civil and on topic.
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Offline JPage

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 10:57:09 AM »
We very rarely delete posts.

John

Offline ADV

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 03:24:34 PM »
bno

I respectfully disagree. I think that words never hurt anyone. Why have a forum open to public discourse if you limit what can be said and delete what is said based on your own taste and discretion. Especially constructive criticism.

I do not recall anything too harsh being said in the threds that no longer exist and even so there is a already a language filter. One's choice of words is no more or less civil than anyone elses.

John
Maybe the site should designate one forum like the General Discussion Forum and make it filter free where anything goes, including language, opinion , and all statements without filter.

Just add a warning on top or on the link to the forum before it is opened.

AND JUST TO GET US BACK ON TOPIC I would love if parker offered a stock fly mojo flame in transparent spectrum finish.

See    

www.jetguitars.com/ew200.html

Offline Apple

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 07:43:51 PM »
I want a metalic Orange colour to go with my Orange amp!
I have a nitefly Mojo in the very boring trans red colour...love the guitar, hate the colour!  I get the feeling Parker were targeting people with more conservative tastes with this model.  Unfortunatly, living in Australia, we don't get the luxuary of "colour choice" I had to search the entire nation just to find a guitar! I'm sure it would take longer than 5 months to get a custom colour here in Oz!!
I like Apples...but I prefer Oranges!