Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RUSTY COOLEY  (Read 2989 times)

Offline simonlock

RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 04:50:21 PM »
My feeling about Cooley is that he's worked so hard to play faster than anyone, and what a great job he's done at it, but while practicing he forgot to figure out what music is about. In two words: amazing and juvanile.

06 Parker Fly Classic
06 Parker Nitefly SA
05 Parker Nitefly M
98 Parker Fly Deluxe
05 Ibanez JS1200
05 Ibanez RG1527
04 Ibanez Universe
05 La Patrie Quantum Nylon
Randall RG100SC G2
Randall RG100 G3
Fender Acoustisonic Junior
Roland KC150
Roland GR-33 and GK3
GNX3

RUSTY COOLEY

Offline PeterMa

RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 05:25:26 PM »
So many notes that it gets boring.

Peter in MA.
Takamine EF381 12 String/Ovation MCS 148 Mandolin/Yamaha AES 620/Charvel Acoustic.
Acoustic line is run through: Boss TU9/Boss Compressor Sustainer/Boss AD5 Acoustic Modeler/Ibanez Tube Screamer/Ernie Ball Volume Pedal/Boss Looping Station into a Crate CA-125D.  
Electric line is run through: a Mark Tremonti Wah, & Boss Octave Pedal Into a midi controlled Yamaha DG-80.

Favorites in no particular order
Buckethead/Tipton/Van Halen/Roy Z/Adrian Smith/Dimebag/Monte Montgomery/Micheal Hedges/Mustaine/Trey Anastasio/Eric Johnson/Yngwie/Fripp/Segovia/Demartino/Mineketti/Allman/Ian Moore/Prince/Blackmore/Hendrix/Angus/Belew/Jake E. Lee/Tremonti/Rhodes/Herring/Edge.  
Don't know them?  Check them out!
Peter in MA.

RUSTY COOLEY

Offline jamrcat

RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 06:30:09 PM »
Well, to be honest I wish I could do it! Furthermore it is one aspect of technique of guitar playing that frankly bores me after about 60 seconds! Bravo he can do it, and do it well! Too bad he couldv'e been a great musician - but I'm convinced that most young players that get into this have ego's that probably tells himself he's the greatest and he's obtained the epitamy of guitar playing! [:(]

Bellingham, WA
"A Fly for each hand!"

RUSTY COOLEY

Offline Goose_Bend

RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »
Shredding is cool an all sometimes, but if thats the only thing you can do its gonna get old fast. I like Petrucci because he can shred but he also does other stuff and puts more feeling into his music. I remember watching the G3 concert with Malmsteen in it. The first 2 acts where Vai and Satch and they wer awesome, but when Malmsteen came in he looked like a fat joke and every song he played sound the same.

RUSTY COOLEY

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »
i agree with all of you.  personally it's the trashy tone he uses that puts me off.  i wonder how his licks would sound through a clean amp....?
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

RUSTY COOLEY

Offline daynwarren

RUSTY COOLEY
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »
He's fast but he has no tone. I mean tone that really moves you. His playing doesn't move me at all but I realize that has more to do with my taste in music. Definately amazingly fast with some serious muscle memory. Give me some slow blues on a cranked old tube amp anyday...

-Parker Deluxe Single 2 (lipstick tube pickups, crazy pickup switching options!)
-Kendrick Gusher 1x15 and 2x10 Amp (Plexi meets Super Reverb/Vibroverb)