Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing to see here  (Read 6506 times)

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 10:01:24 AM »
The marketing, or lack there of, was covered back at the factory tour. We're still growing the Parker brand from the inside. In 07 and 08, the marketing focus was either the imports or nothing and we still grew beyond our expectations. There's no sense in advertising when you can't safely fill demand. I.E. domestic sales taking inventory and leaving nothing left for say... International distributors. 2008 was a in house growth year, and we've taken a lot of time to build from within so we can sustain the demand. As our ability to produce exceeds demand, which it has, expect to see advertising again and more Parker in distributors hands. Look how long it took for the AB fly to actually start shipping, take into account how many people weren't happy they waited 2 years for a guitar (or are still waiting, sorry!) Why would we do that all over again.
Personally though, I think mag advertising is a waste of time, I much prefer the captive audience urinal posters much better [xx(].
carpe vola
And remember, if you are ever lost, you are always directly above the center of the earth.

Nothing to see here

Offline portnoy

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huntingdon-United-Kingdom/MusicStreetUK/193947947906?ref=ts
Nothing to see here
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 10:29:01 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by guitarmanuk

I, for one, am happy to see these innovations as long they are not there to dilute the original.  As Nef said it was the early inovations that pulled us all towards these amazing guitars in the first place.

As for marketing, I can't comment on the state of that in the USA.  In the UK it was p1$$ poor, but I don't blame Parker for that, I blame the, now defunct, distributor.  Hopefully Parker will find a new UK distributor that has the same passion for the guitars that we all do.  Perhaps all the UK members could form a consortium to take this on [;)] [:D]

David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

www.dancineasy.co.uk - wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk - sax and guitar duo
www.kimcypherband.co.uk - jazz/funk/blues/reggae band

David,

i totally agree with you about the lack of advertising and knowledge of the parker guitars in the UK, Sound technology were more interested in selling taylor (who are now with fender) than parker. i spoke to the Rep a few times and he was clueless about the guitars. he even thought they were made entirely out of carbon.

As for the new distributor in the uk, I would love to know what it would take to become a distributor of these guitars. i leant out my Nitefly to my guitar teacher the other week because he student saw one of my other fly's. I think he's sold on it also. They are amazing guitars and i seriously dont think they would be hard to sell properly.

Jeff would you be able to shed some light on what it would take to distribute them?

00' Nitefly M - natural (with GK-3 installed)
05' mojo flame black cherry with BKPs - :ETA mid Jan
06'' trans cherry mojo
07' ice blue burst deluxe
96' soldano SLO 100 silver croc
marshall 1960a
Roland VG-99

http://improvisingguitarists.ning.com/profile/Kavanprice

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ofE_YYQo-h8

Nothing to see here

Offline loumt123

Nothing to see here
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »
looks like it's going to be a fun filled NAMM!

Nothing to see here

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
Nothing to see here
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 12:46:59 PM »
justwatching: "I think mag advertising is a waste of time"
True... it doesn't attract new players, it only keeps existing players happy with that "hey look, just what I use and what I like"-effect. No Fender or Gibson or Marshall or Mesa ad will ever get me really interested, no matter how well they design and layout that mag page. That will only affect me in a way any ad affects someone who's working in design & graphics. But I like it a lot to find news and reviews about equipment I already have or want to have or like for some reason and news about companies whose products I've used in the past or maybe some friends use.

The way to get attention is musicians playing those instruments - well known names, friends and people you just happen to know or have seen once. Be it video clips, endorsements, concerts, media coverage about artists, a local club, your favorite music store, some jam with strangers, the same rehearsal room, next door, a logo on a hard shell case in the backseat of a car...

But it's hard to get to that level of exposure from where the machine feeds itself. And by all means let's hope Parkers never get that extremely popular as it usually heralds a decline in quality and devotion. Well known for quality, respected by players and a little feared by competitors.

Better to be infamous than famous... [;)]

Greetings...
Nef
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 12:49:12 PM by Nefarius »

Nothing to see here

Offline mountaindewaddict

Nothing to see here
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »
I think that print media advertising existing products is getting riskier all the time (were a company to sink a ton of money into it), so to me the chief benefit of it is to make players (i.e, the general public) aware of NEW products.  If Parker is advertising the Deluxe in Guitar Player, that's a possible waste of money.  But if they spend the bucks to show the world their newest creation, that may be worth it.

One of the things we've been talking about in one of my classes is the growing "functional illiteracy" in the USA (i.e., the growing inherent risk of print media).  It is probably a better use of adv. budgets for Parker to have a huge presence on YouTube, Facebook, and MySpace.

Casey

Gear:
Parker P-44, Digitech GNX4, other stuff...
"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."
God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Nothing to see here

Offline simonlock

Nothing to see here
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2008, 01:23:42 PM »
One thing I've noticed I don't like about print ads is that they don't give you any insight into the guitars construction or quality. I'd like to see more of a story line, especially of the Fly, about it's construction, quality and features. A picture of a person holding a guitar doesn't tell me a thing and these days you can't tell a $139 guitar from a $4000 from 10 feet.

I'd show a neck cross-section, fret installation, bridge construction, body cross-section, parts selection and illustrate it's versatility all on one page.

Simon
Vancouver,BC
A Whole Mess of Flys and I Love Them ALL!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/428626749

Nothing to see here

Offline daynwarren

Nothing to see here
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2008, 01:34:41 PM »
Nicely done guitars guys...thanks for listening to forum member and artist input!

On the GK vs. RMC debate, in my experience the GK pickup is great and shouldn't be favored less than the RMC or other piezo system, especially with the VG stuff...can't comment on synth applications as I don't do synth stuff. I preferred the GK with the VG-99, though the RMC is a great system too. My solution is RMC on a Hardtail, GK on a trem for obvious reasons.

I won't buy anything listed yet, but I am VERY interested to see what else is coming, especially the singlecut!

Nothing to see here

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »
OK lets get on to a new topic. lets throw some new Randall product out there.

So are you a tone junkie?

Do you like Randall because its all tube and you can choose your own preamps?

But randall has 20 modules and you simply can't decide?

What do you do?

how about this?

for the player who "needs" everything...
carpe vola
And remember, if you are ever lost, you are always directly above the center of the earth.

Nothing to see here

Offline simonlock

Nothing to see here
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 02:12:04 PM »
Insane Jeff

Simon
Vancouver,BC
A Whole Mess of Flys and I Love Them ALL!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/428626749

Nothing to see here

Offline sfw

Nothing to see here
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 03:00:43 PM »
Is it stereo out or only one channel at a time. Too bad there is not a Solid State Acoustic Module that works good for acoustic piezo inputs. Just sold my rm4 and rt2/50. Just running rm50 now. I LOVE the Randall MTS stuff. It is the ultimate for modeling IMHO. Also follow the MTS forum which is cool. Got a couple of PM's about our amp attenuator discussion too as I posted a link from there to it here. Randall MTS is great, give us the chocolate cake!

- Scott

PM10; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty, Saving for Hanna Montana NiteFly
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Nothing to see here

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
Nothing to see here
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »
darn - that looks just like a modular Moog synth  ;-)

Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic, Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Nothing to see here

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
Nothing to see here
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 03:40:29 PM »
Hmmm  - Dragon fly but with Standard Trem ( and a colour which helps "hide" the nasty looking roland pickup) sounds like just the ticket to me ! The push buttons are great guys - I use them to great effect on my Godin for patch control - although a Midi pedal is probably a more elegant solution.
The Dragon also looks to me like its a Nitefly Body mated to a glued Fly neck ? Wouldn't surprise me as Vernon likes his "slabby" Hamer, and he wears 'em high
 Looking forward to checking these out on the May Factory Tour ( is it still on??) and getting my order in for a custom model  :-)

Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic, Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Nothing to see here

Offline daynwarren

Nothing to see here
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
That Randall is just insane...as will be the price tag I'm sure. I had the RM20b combo and really liked it. Would love to have an RM20b combo that could hold 2 or 3 modules though.

Nothing to see here

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Nothing to see here
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
sigh

1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  -  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod - 2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Nothing to see here

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 05:12:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by daynwarren

That Randall is just insane...as will be the price tag I'm sure. I had the RM20b combo and really liked it. Would love to have an RM20b combo that could hold 2 or 3 modules though.

This was designed as a working in store display, but there has been interest from consumers and studio type folk. So it will probably end up on our special order sheet.
carpe vola