Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing to see here  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Nothing to see here
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
How do you drive a tone nerd crazy ?

Yeah 3000 knobs ought to do it. [:D]

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Nothing to see here

Offline MFenkner

Nothing to see here
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
Wow, that Randall amp looks crazy!  I'm shopping for an amp but I must I admit I hadn't considered a Randall.  I've never played one and I haven't heard much buzz about them.  I'll have to check out their offerings to see if one would fit what I'm looking for.

Mark

Nothing to see here

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008, 07:15:35 PM »
carpe vola
And remember, if you are ever lost, you are always directly above the center of the earth.

Nothing to see here

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Nothing to see here
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »
Cool AB demo.

(Please dont stand on the neck)

Sounds like he got the "pie-zo" to warble a bit with the tremelo?

(I thought it wouldn't do that)

They did a great job with the dual purpose switches making a simple and intuitive layout for an enormous number of tone variations.

PS Adrian is a natural on this demo stuff. Very well done.

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 07:39:40 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Nothing to see here

Offline 908ssp

Nothing to see here
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »
Terrific video. I really like how enthused he is about the guitar and for his fans they'll eat this up. But there is always a but his audience is pretty specific. What percentage of all electric guitars sell with any kind of synth or variax output? I don't know 2% maybe 5% more than that? I find hard to believe.

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Nothing to see here

Offline BrainWorm

Nothing to see here
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2008, 02:39:41 AM »
An old BSA from Ghost Motorcycles in Port Washington would be even cooler than the Indian.

"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."
"Brainverms come crawling and creeping and eat you when you're sleeping."

Nothing to see here

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Nothing to see here
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2008, 07:44:11 AM »
"justwatching: "I think mag advertising is a waste of time"

Certainly is, the way you've been doing it... Fender though... seems to get it.

Bob

1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  -  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod - 2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Nothing to see here

Offline bno

Nothing to see here
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2008, 09:27:51 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by 908ssp

Terrific video. I really like how enthused he is about the guitar and for his fans they'll eat this up. But there is always a but his audience is pretty specific. What percentage of all electric guitars sell with any kind of synth or variax output? I don't know 2% maybe 5% more than that? I find hard to believe.

Alex
See http://www.musictrades.com/census.html.  By your calculation, that would be thousands of synth ready guitars.  Here's your real question - how many hex input guitar synthisizers are sold in a year and how many hex pickups.  How many Roland Ready strats?  How many VG99's?  I do think your 2% <> 5% is probably accurate and it is enough of a market to exist, so why not service it?  The guitar as synthesizer controller is hardly a fad and is not going to go away.  By pure defnition, an electric guitar IS an analog synthesizer with mechanical oscillators (and a very expressive one at that).  
'94 Fly Deluxe
Listen first, then play.

Nothing to see here

Offline 908ssp

Nothing to see here
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
I agree Parker is perfect for that market I already said that. I just wanted to point out an estimate of what the size of that market might be that's all. Now maybe they will have this covered by spring time and can really think about making themselves more attractive to the other 95%.[;)]

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Nothing to see here

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:01 PM »
Also take into account the world market. Parker isn't seen as the outsider from F and G. I don't want to say they're more open minded, but it is easier to sell.
carpe vola
And remember, if you are ever lost, you are always directly above the center of the earth.

Nothing to see here

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
Nothing to see here
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »
First of all WOW!! I can't believe how many posts there are on this topic today.  I'm very happy to see it.  I'm not going to try to respond to individuals because the post is getting very long and it's hard to keep track.  I just wanted to specify what I was talking about with marketing which some of you have already done.  That is it is the lack thereof that is the problem not so much what the ads say and what not would look like or portray.  Bob is totally right about advertising, it is supposed to be long term oriented and it can work either on a subconsious level or also often simply with "wow" factor.  But frankly Parker ads are few and very far between.  It really doesn't matter who is in the ad, unless it is a huge name.  Heck if you get Vai to do a shot with a Parker they'll be flying off the shelves, but very few people will budge because of the artists that have been chosen so far (seriously I mean no disrespect, it's just that there are very few artists that hold universal significance in this market).  Honestly, the best ads are going to be those that feature just the guitar in a nice high res setting with killer looks.  You can't drool over something you've never seen, and if you never see it, it's not very likely you will want it.  

Someone made the point that 10-15 years ago when Flys were new on the scene people knew about them because they were different.  It's true, but it was not only because they were different but also that they were supposed to be amazing.  You're right though, the Fly is not new anymore, it's over 15 years now.  They've established themselves as a top level guitar but unfortunately have not been able to really expand that.  I'm speaking in relative terms of course, compared to the likes of Fender and Gibson they're still a small kid on the block even though they have expanded.  I'm also not suggesting that they can compete with those guys, or should want to.  I'm simply saying that they don't appear to be trying, or at least not achieving much.  Again I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm sure everyone is hard at work and I appreciate that as much as anyone else.  

I do have to disagree with the comment though about there not being much use in advertising if there are problems with supply.  Simply from the point of view that often ones needs a good kick to get going, and business is no different.  If you advertise globally and demand increases 100% well guess what, you finally have a reason to work on increasing supply.  In the retail world demand is in control and what it wants it usually gets.  I can't produce a 1000 cabinets a year right now, but if I suddenly got the orders you can bet you're *$^ that I would find a way to make it happen.  Hence is the world.

Lastly, Randall, why why why do you show us things like this.  Yes it's huge and it's ugly, but think of the possibilities 20 tube preamps in one, sweet.  I have to say that I've only played the combo version once or twice and it was nice.  I wasn't blown away by the tone or emmulation but it was good.  I just love the flexibility and if one was put in front of me, I'd definitely want to try it.  Now is there a channel switching device for it?????

Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Check out my Parker Supreme here www.kwcabs.com/parker%20page.htm
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:46:26 PM by kwcabs »

Kurt Wyberanec
Owner of KWCABS guitar speaker cabinets.  We specialize in making simply the best speaker cabinets out there, constructed out of top-quality hardwoods, standard lines as well as custom work.  WWW.KWCABS.COM

Nothing to see here

Offline justwatching

Nothing to see here
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
KW, Randall isn't emulating different amps with the modular system. The power section is all tube, and the preamps are designed to be near exact to whatever preamp model it is a module of. Same specs essentially. I just want to clarify that, as many people think that Randall is somehow digitally modeling with the modules.
As for channel switching, any midi foot pedal would work.
As or the advert part of the conversation. no one got my joke apparently. When i was referring to a captive audience, i meant this: http://www.wizmark.com/
I bet every guitar hero would see that at some point.[}:)]
carpe vola

Nothing to see here

Offline stevie axeman

• http://www.myspace.com/stevieaxeman
Nothing to see here
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »
"You can't drool over something you've never seen, and if you never see it, it's not very likely you will want it. "

I couldn't agree more - I have had a coupel of peopl at gigs recently come up to me and say "Is that  Parker - do they still make the  Fly?"
Probably a combination effect from low visibility advertising - and the main dealer visibility in the UK being the Far East bolt on Parkers. Its a real shame as everyone who plays mine - wants one. Friend flew over the to States to get one in fact

Fly Mojo, Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic, Fender Blues DeVille, Fishman Performer amps
Roland GR33/Digitech GNX/Fishman Aura Blender
Majik Blue 02 Fly Deluxe, Blue/green-burst 09 Fly Deluxe , Natural Mahogany 05 Fly Mojo, Vigier Shawn Lane, Caparison Horus,  Schecter C7 Hellraiser ,   Brian Moore i9.13 ,Godin ACS-SA
Bogner XTC Classic ,Fishman Performer amps
,Fishman Aura Blender,

Nothing to see here

Offline kwcabs

• http://www.kwcabs.com
Nothing to see here
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
Just to clarify also I wasn't suggesting they were digital models, I know they are tube.  But they are essentially supposed to be tube models, i.e. the tweed or the XTC, are based on the Fender Tweed and Bogner Ecstasy, they clearly say so on the Randall page.  And they may have similar or even the same specs but they don't sound exact, but like I said they're pretty good.

Kurt Wyberanec

Nothing to see here

Offline sfw

Nothing to see here
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »
The MTS modules are a lot like pedels, there are a LARGE number of modifications that are/can be made to them as well, like a Keeley BD-2 (modded Boss BD-2 pedel), etc. A number of the mods are geared toward a "closer" sound to a specific amp and a number are really geared toward a "better" (note relative word here) sound from the module. Most of these mods are pretty simple to do with a electronic soldering gun. As most people would say, depends on the cabinet too. I've played my MTS through different cabs with very different sounds coming from the same settings (sometimes I was just too lazy to drag the cabinet somewhere. Compared to the classic SS modeling (line6, etc) these are like comparing a corvette to my scion. Yes, I've drunk the coolaid, but I just soooo love the blue color to it.

- Scott

PM10; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty, Saving for Hanna Montana NiteFly
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty