Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adrian Belew Signature Now ONLY AVAIL IN 1 COLOR!!  (Read 8325 times)

Offline BillyT

Adrian Belew Signature Now ONLY AVAIL IN 1 COLOR!!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:13:51 AM »
We just returned from the NAMM show and had time to discuss things with Adrian. We can paint one Dusty Black for you. We cannot use larger frets on it, and you will have to install your own D tuner, but it will drop right into the factory cut holes so this shouldn't be a big problem. OK with this? Get back to us right away so I can schedule yours in the next paint run.

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 03:43:46 PM »
Now THAT'S customer service!  [;)]

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, '98 Fly Classic, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '08 Godin Multiac Nylon SA, '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

Offline guitarmanuk

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by laughinglarry

Now THAT'S customer service!  [;)]

+1 on that.  I can't see many other manufacturers listening to what had been said, take the trouble to talk it through the issue with the endorsee (Mr B himself) and then agree a one off paint finish.  That is brilliant customer service.

www.dancineasy.co.uk - wedding/function band
www.saxandguitar.co.uk - sax and guitar duo
www.kimcypherband.co.uk - jazz/funk/blues/reggae band
David

1997 Parker Fly Classic transparent Teal Green
1997 Parker Fly Concert Butterscotch

Offline Monsieur Obscure

• http://monsieurobscure.com
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

We just returned from the NAMM show and had time to discuss things with Adrian. We can paint one Dusty Black for you. We cannot use larger frets on it, and you will have to install your own D tuner, but it will drop right into the factory cut holes so this shouldn't be a big problem. OK with this? Get back to us right away so I can schedule yours in the next paint run.

Thanks, Mr Atkins, and all those involved at Parker... Your consideration, thoughtfulness, and professionalism in regards to this matter are incalculably appreciated. Consider this an initial, unofficial acceptance of your generous offer. As it is now after hours I will be calling you first thing tomorrow (Tues.) to seal the deal.

With Grateful Sincerity,

~ Christopher

"...cultivate eloquent silence..."
- St Gregory of Sinai

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 07:38:34 PM by Monsieur Obscure »
Cheers.

~ Christopher

- St Gregory of Sinai

jwrooker

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 09:03:58 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Monsieur Obscure

Thanks, Mr Atkins, and all those involved at Parker... Your consideration, thoughtfulness, and professionalism in regards to this matter are incalculably appreciated. Consider this an initial, unofficial acceptance of your generous offer. As it is now after hours I will be calling you first thing tomorrow (Tues.) to seal the deal.

With Grateful Sincerity,

~ Christopher

Now you know it's gonna happen!  Congratulations!  You are going to have one very unique Fly!  

Terry: you da man!

John

98 Fly Classic w/ VPAF's - 99 Fly Deluxe w/Gen 1's
98 Fly Concert - 07 Single Cut

Offline ParkerFlyMajik

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 02:25:37 AM »
To quote the A-team's Hannibal Smith:

"I love it when a plan comes together." [:D]Line6 Vetta HD/Combo
Parker '01 Deluxe
Parker '98 Deluxe

Offline Monsieur Obscure

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 03:51:21 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by ParkerFlyMajik

To quote the A-team's Hannibal Smith:

"I love it when a plan comes together." [:D]

Classic quote, ParkerFlyMajik... [:D] Thanks for chiming-in in such an uplifting and light-hearted manner. Brings back some great memories, as I haven't seen that show in ages and had completely forgotten about that line.

Cheers.

~ Christopher

- St Gregory of Sinai

Cheers.

~ Christopher

- St Gregory of Sinai

Offline simonlock

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 09:07:12 AM »
It literally takes minutes to please a customer this deeply. I'm happy to see Parker take a personal approach to your acquisition. I think it would be nice if the dealer wasn't always the last person you're allowed to talk to about your guitar. Many antsy first time high-end buyers might be pesky but I wonder if it could be possible for a customer to find out where their 3-5k is in the manufacturing process or a photo of how it's being repaired. Adding a customer liaison to the lineup would definitely give Parker/USMC an edge over the competition.

Simon
Vancouver,BC
A Whole Mess of Flys and I Love Them ALL!!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/428626749

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
Simon, you make a good point. But the reality is that things do fall behind, and what a customer liaison would tell someone one day, would be different the next. It seems to be general wisdom that no news is better than shifting news. Seems that way with just about every company these days. AND, while I am on customer service, does it seem today that no matter what you buy, you get a CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY? My phone rings, they come in the mail, email, at the end of any online transaction. THEY ARE DRIVING ME NUTS! These companies should all go away. I have to imagine that most people just take the quickest route to getting off the phone. And if I am feeling playful, I'll mess with the demographics, but most of the time I don't have the time to feel playful.

"Ring... hello? Yes, Mr. Martian? We are calling to follow up on your recent visit to Dunkin Donuts. Was the raspberry filled jelly donut to your liking? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the freshness? The sugar coating? The size of the fill hole? The coffee that went with it? Blah blah blah..."

FIRE THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY people and pass the savings on to your customers. That will make them satisfied WITHOUT having to ask them.

Bob

1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  -  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod - 2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline Nefarius

• The Nefarius Homepage
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 09:01:14 AM »
Of course they don't let us see their phone numbers on our displays when doing survey calls. So when my phone tells me unknown I accept the call and without any break I ask, "are you interested in a survey about survey-hating people?" - usually the person on the other end is so shocked getting caught that after about 3 seconds of guilty silence they hang up. A little victory every week. I really like torturing them that way... [;)]

Greetings...
Nef

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
There was no rant/rave here, Monsieur.

Valid complaint, lucidly stated. Parker "got on it" and solved a third of it (color) and could easily have installed the D-tuner, but begged off.

The takehome here as far as I can tell is: stick to the Classified Section. Let others buy 'em new. (I have bought a new Fly, but cannot see the advantage aside from a brief jump on new models).

Update on Friday: Exelsior! I learned something! This is a special occasion. American Can Do not to mention customer service, is in fine fettle at Parker Guitars, USA. I appreciate the valid explanation provided by staffer Billy T. of the jumbo fret inability situation. Good show! I might pony up for a brand spankin' new, latest greatest Parker should the red ink turn black hereabouts. Contrary to my initial (and often times erroneous [:I] ) impression, the blokes in Mundelein got the mojo...for real. [:)]

Turn it up and it doesn't need any reverb.- Danny Gatton

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 09:06:52 PM by Strandwolf »
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Offline BillyT

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »
We followed up further, and contacted Msr. Obscure directly to tell him we aquired the D tuner and would send the guitar to him installed on the guitar at the factory. Regarding the frets, there is no real way for us to satisfy this request. Our frets have no tangs and are stainless steel. We buy the rolls 100 pounds at a time and would have to buy 100. pounds of wire to use one and a half for the guitar. The fixtures for gluing the frets on are specific to the fret size as well, so a custom gauge will not fit. If we could have satisfied one of our valued forum members 100%, we would have done our best to do all of his requests. I'm sorry we couldn't.

jwrooker

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by BillyT

We followed up further, and contacted Msr. Obscure directly to tell him we aquired the D tuner and would send the guitar to him installed on the guitar at the factory. Regarding the frets, there is no real way for us to satisfy this request. Our frets have no tangs and are stainless steel. We buy the rolls 100 pounds at a time and would have to buy 100. pounds of wire to use one and a half for the guitar. The fixtures for gluing the frets on are specific to the fret size as well, so a custom gauge will not fit. If we could have satisfied one of our valued forum members 100%, we would have done our best to do all of his requests. I'm sorry we couldn't.

Terry, you have proven again and again that you are willing to just about anything within reason to satisfy a customer request.  All of us Parker Fans really appreciate it.

John

98 Fly Classic w/ VPAF's - 99 Fly Deluxe w/Gen 1's
98 Fly Concert - 07 Single Cut

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2009, 03:33:58 PM »
+100!  Way to go Terry!

Casey

Gear:
Parker Fly Deluxe (in Ruby Red), Digitech GNX4, other stuff...
"Remember, if at first you don't succeed, you're doing it wrong."
God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline Monsieur Obscure

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 05:25:37 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by jwrooker

Terry, you have proven again and again that you are willing to just about anything within reason to satisfy a customer request.  All of us Parker Fans really appreciate it.

John

This cannot be overstated, John. Especially when one considers what I learned yesterday from my sales rep at Sweetwater: per their rep at Parker, it will be a week before they kno wfor certain whether they can actually make ANY changes to the AB Sig. So evidently, Terry is somewhat sticking his neck out and acting on his own initiative to make everything right. So, just when I thought the whole saga had been revived and was about to post a very baffled and disconcerted update, I happily find this post today from Terry.

Once I know the ultimate outcome and have the beast in my hands, I will undoubtedly leave a final celebratory post replete with a plethera of pics.

Cheers.

~ Christopher

- St Gregory of Sinai

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:21:39 PM by Monsieur Obscure »
Cheers.

~ Christopher

- St Gregory of Sinai