Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .008s  (Read 10849 times)

Offline bembamboo

Re: .008s
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:01 PM »
POWERFUL STUFF IN EVERY WAY.  thx so much for the story. I AM NOT WORTHY.  yeah, cymbals, and drummers just kill your hearing.  i cant imagine the grand piano pickup's output on stage.  NBE's lord valve,  fat willie i cant remember his last name, denver does derek trucks super reverbs, their svt's and hammonds and leslies, but he also plays a mean b-3 himself, and sometime ago when i was converting to mostly neo celestions and chinese neo 15s and 18s to save weight, he did my pa horns, cabs and cross-overs, and demo'ed his keyboard gear with qsc power. jfc, he cranked his volume pedal, and my ears still hurt!! i think lord valve sat in with derek or the allmans at redrocks that week.

this is one of my fav stadium numbers, at 2010 crossroads.  sounds like you know how it feels to be up there on stage!!!  what a privilege.  http://youtu.be/jiwktkw_rqE
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:26:49 PM by bembamboo »

Offline prjacobs

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
Derek is amazing! And - as a person who plays a lot with his fingers, I especially like him!

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
paul-and he is nearly always playing in E tuning i think.

pr-one more little bit on the svt-i used an orange crush dan armstrong plug-in compressor a few years later 77,78, plugged into the sg or maybe the goldtop into a brown vibrolux w/altec 112, or earlier with an LP-1 plug in power booster by mike matthews, tho w/300 watts one certainlty didnt need it.  but this vid of david lindly made me remember...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYepBEoyyos&feature=share&list=RD02NQxrHqKFFqc

...how GREAT, OTHERWOLDLY THOSE SVT BASS CABS sounded with an oahu lap steel,   the pickup is so strong it slams the svt preamp for some truly fab tube tone, barely distorted, sustaining slide sound, with nothing else in the signal chain, ... of course the volume would be a little ridiculous these days.  ry cooder realized this too and installed the pickup w/ attached vol/tone controls..into a strat he uses. in the vid you can see this same pickup-valco i think, or national, they used in all those related brands on the 50s.  :) gear head