Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spring Problem on Fly mojo  (Read 2448 times)

Offline intrud3rx

Spring Problem on Fly mojo
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:41:13 AM »
Hey you guys! I managed to put back the button at the spring block. Now i cannot change modes and it stuck on the balanced mode because the button doesn't allow the step stop to move back to the home position. The balance wheel cannot go further back and is loosen.
Here are some pics for you:

By intrud3rx, shot with HTC Touch Pro T7272 at 2009-03-01

By intrud3rx, shot with HTC Touch Pro T7272 at 2009-03-01

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!
“Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart.”

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 08:58:11 AM »
It is because you have the bridge adjusted too high. Adjust the bridge height lower and it will loosen right up.

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:30:43 AM »
How can i do this?? By putting the spring on the second position of the spring block??
“Lean your body forward slightly to support the guitar against your chest, for the poetry of the music should resound in your heart.”

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:49:50 AM »
EDIT: The bridge height is alreaady too low (the set screw of the tremolo is not visible) so I cannot lower it more!

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by intrud3rx

EDIT: The bridge height is alreaady too low (the set screw of the tremolo is not visible) so I cannot lower it more!

I didn't say you have to leave it there but you're going to have to get the spring out.
Try going the other way I bet the trem is hitting something which isn't allowing the trem to move far enough for the spring to come loose.
quote:
..(the set screw of the tremolo is not visible) ...

It is not supposed to be visible.

Alex

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 11:54:54 AM by 908ssp »
Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 11:54:38 AM »
No i meant that the metallic thingy that should touch the step stop is actually to much at the front and the step stop cannot move to the home position. It goes until midway and the hits the metallic button.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 11:56:49 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by intrud3rx

No i meant that the metallic thingy that should touch the step stop is actually to much at the front and the step stop cannot move to the home position. It goes until midway and the hits the metallic button.

Right because the trem is hitting something. They way you have the spring adjusted in the picture it should fall out and then you'd have no trouble moving the trem stop.

Alex

Alex

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 11:58:29 AM »
You have strings on there? Put the bar in the trem and push it let the stop move.

Alex

Alex

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »
And then how can i put the spring back and still not hit the metallic button?

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »
The manual says that the bridge block should barely touch the step stop when it is in the home position but mine is too forward and doesn't allow the step stop to pass. That's basically my problem.

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
You're mixing up instruction on how it should be when it is set up but you're not close to having it set up. Push the bar put the button on the stop and tighten the spring then tune. Read the instructions. Also instruction on setting it up have been posted here numerous times.

If you want to remove the spring remove the strings from the tuners or use the bar to pull the trem away from the spring.

Alex

Alex

Offline ikipling

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »
Hey!
Dude, read the instructions carefully and am sure that you'll figure it out!;p

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »
UPDATE: I finally fixed the problem today. I didn't know what was the cause of the problem so I improvised and made the spring shorter (about 3mm) and fortunately everything is fine now. :)

Offline 908ssp

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 03:18:31 PM »
For anybody reading this in the future cutting the spring is NOT the solution.

Alex

Alex

Offline intrud3rx

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »
Well, it worked fine for me though but yeah i would say don't try this unless it is absolutely 100% necessary.