Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Parker Stable  (Read 3414 times)

Offline xsynergist

Parker Stable
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:07:02 PM »

For a first post I'd like to come on strong...

The Italian Plum Deluxe is on Ebay right now...

Parker Stable

Offline danjazzny

Parker Stable
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 04:50:24 PM »
Hey Chris, Welcome to the Forum. Some nice ponies you have there! [:D][8D]

'97 Alex Artist ; '99 Simonized Artist; '97 Custom Red Artist; '98 Custom Tobacco Artist (Hardtail); '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail); Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Parker Stable

Offline Michael_LA

Parker Stable
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 05:24:48 PM »
OOOO Baby ! ! ! Bet that rig SCREAMS

So Many Guitars, SO little time . . .
So Many Guitars, SO little time . . .
www.justinguitar.com for great free lessons . . .

Parker Stable

Offline xsynergist

Parker Stable
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »
Oh it do!
[:D][:D][:D]

Parker Stable

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
Parker Stable
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »
Ruhealy very hot [}:)]   setup.

What am them ponies exactly, modelwise?
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Parker Stable

Offline doombilly

• http://illicitizen.com
Parker Stable
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
You aint Fü%÷ing around there, son.

http://illicitizen.com

Parker Stable

Offline Lwinn171

Parker Stable
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »
Nice! Welcome aboard!

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Parker Stable

Offline xsynergist

Parker Stable
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 08:15:10 PM »
Strandwolf - The Emerald and the Plum are both '97 Deluxes. I just let the Plum go on Ebay. Shipped it off this morning *sniff* The Supreme is as Simon says a recent Ebay purchase. Simon has a really quick eye. I was watching the auction obsessively as I'm known to do and suddenly the buy it now price appeared. I was already prepared to go higher for this particular guitar and I pulled the trigger on it instantly when the buy it now price appeared. Turns out the seller had been contacted by a potential bidder and set the buy it now price so that bidder could purchase. I clicked a little faster this time and finally have that dream axe in my stable...

Does anyone on this forum have both a supreme and an artist? I'm curious about the tonal differences. I think a mojo might be my next purchase unless I can be persuaded to go for the artist first...

Once you go Parker you never go back.

Chris

Parker Stable

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Parker Stable
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:40:31 PM »
Pretty toys. Congrads.

Yeah if I had the spare bucks, I would go for the Parker Fly Grand Slam...

Supreme,Artist,Mojo,Classic,Deluxe.

The Slam Plus?

Throw in a Single 2 and maybe a Single Cut,Stealth,Jazz,Standard,Bronze,Nylon,

Oh my, somebody stop me !

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Parker Stable

Offline 908ssp

Parker Stable
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 11:08:11 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by simonlock

To my ears the Artist is maybe the opposite end of the spectrum from a Supreme. It seems looser, more scooped in the mids and is more responsive with a lot of resonation. And of course is going to be about a pound lighter.

I agree.

The most mid heavy guitar is the Mojo. With the stock pickups maybe even too much so but with more open pickups it is my favorite.

Alex

Alex

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/908ssp/ThumbNails/_1010802.jpg[/IMG

Parker Stable

Offline Titus Pullo

Parker Stable
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by xsynergist

The Supreme is as Simon says a recent Ebay purchase. Simon has a really quick eye. I was watching the auction obsessively as I'm known to do and suddenly the buy it now price appeared. I was already prepared to go higher for this particular guitar and I pulled the trigger on it instantly when the buy it now price appeared. Turns out the seller had been contacted by a potential bidder and set the buy it now price so that bidder could purchase. I clicked a little faster this time and finally have that dream axe in my stable...

Wow. That must have been a real drag for the original buyer. Unless they didn't really want it, but it was slightly boneheaded; I think you can also add a "Best Offer" after the auction starts, and that way the buyer you (cough) promised the guitar to at a set price is the buyer that wins the auction. Of course, if someone writes sooner with a higher offer ...

The buyer (original) didn't complain?
--
--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

Parker Stable

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
Parker Stable
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 02:49:15 PM »
I wuz wondering about that, too. Bummer for the designee.

That's the way I bought my Parker clock, by the way. The auction ended w/o a bidder @ the $19.99 price and I'd meant to bid, so the guy ran it at buy now at the same minimum for me and though I didn't fear another snapping it up quickly (the dude runs the item periodically, so it ain't one of a kind), I got on it within an hour or so.
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Parker Stable

Offline xsynergist

Parker Stable
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 05:04:40 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Titus Pullo

quote:
Originally posted by xsynergist

The Supreme is as Simon says a recent Ebay purchase. Simon has a really quick eye. I was watching the auction obsessively as I'm known to do and suddenly the buy it now price appeared. I was already prepared to go higher for this particular guitar and I pulled the trigger on it instantly when the buy it now price appeared. Turns out the seller had been contacted by a potential bidder and set the buy it now price so that bidder could purchase. I clicked a little faster this time and finally have that dream axe in my stable...

Wow. That must have been a real drag for the original buyer. Unless they didn't really want it, but it was slightly boneheaded; I think you can also add a "Best Offer" after the auction starts, and that way the buyer you (cough) promised the guitar to at a set price is the buyer that wins the auction. Of course, if someone writes sooner with a higher offer ...

The buyer (original) didn't complain?
--

I don't know if he complained or not but Ebay auctions are legally binding and I just beat him to the buy it now. I had no idea of course that that was why the seller had changed the auction to Buy it Now. Since I was already prepared to bid up to an amount that was higher than the buy it now price I simply saw an opportunity to buy it for less than I was prepared to pay. If the seller had let the auction run he would have got more for it but thats the way it goes I guess.

Parker Stable

Offline Titus Pullo

Parker Stable
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 05:30:44 PM »
Oh, I agree - what's fair is fair, no doubt about that. The seller did the designated 'winner' a disservice by doing it that way, that's all. I don't blame you at all for dropping the BIN on the auction.

I guess the seller told you later about the other buyer?

Anyway, the "Best offer" way is really how to do it within the rules of ebay. I recently offered a seller a price in the last few days of an auction w/no bids and he agreed to set a best offer (this all happened in real time via email), and when it appeared I input the agreed upon amount and he accepted. Auction over.
--
--
"If you subscribe to the Stew-Mac style you have to have a template to blow your nose." - Ken Parker

Parker Stable

Offline xsynergist

Parker Stable
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »
Unfortunately I am suddenly in a position where I have to sell the Supreme. I have it up on Ebay if anyone is looking. xsynergist at h0tmail if anyone is interested.

Drat!