Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Building my Dream Guitar - advice  (Read 5420 times)

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Building my Dream Guitar - advice
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »
Well... don't trash the 96 Deluxe, at least...

Bob

1997 Parker Fly Concert Burnt Butterscotch  -  1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   1998 Fly Classic in Cherry Red with DiBurro Roland Mod - 2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Offline sfw

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »
Andy

Yes, you could take the Mag that would normally go to the blend pot directly to a stereo jack and then put a piezo volume in place of the mag/blend and run it to the piezo side of the stereo jack. That would get you Mag out (tip), Piezo out (ring) with separate volume controls for the Mag and Piezo. This is probably what the factory meant by it "being on all the time". The piezo out would be on all the time. You could control that by turning down the volume on it when not wanted, or using a foot switch, or let it be controlled at the board (not sure I would trust the board, but would trust my foot on a switch).
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty

Offline Dreamsy

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 12:03:32 AM »
So I got the confirmation from the factory, they cannot do the wiring option as mentionned here.

Custom Fly on order !!!
Fly Classic Custom

Offline AndyI

• andyinnes.com
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 06:17:23 AM »
Yep. I spoke to Terry about this, and essentially they can't send the piezo signals to the parker pots and the 13-pin simultaneously, so you get the piezo out the 13-pin with their method.

After a bit of research, I found that a lot of players rate the gk3 over the rmc/graphtech approach - especially for the Roland kit (eg VG99), so I've decided to go that route.

Fly Deluxe '96 | Fly Mojo '05 | custom '09 Artist on order | custom HSS Midi Fly on order | Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 2 x 12 / 4 x 12 | AER Compact 60 | TC Electronic G System | Lehle stereo switchers and P Split | Taylor 815ce | Taylor 410ce | Fender RR Strat
Solo album Anthems of a Stranger out at www.andyinnes.com or on iTunes