Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mike Rutherford  (Read 1917 times)

Offline MoParker

Mike Rutherford
« on: November 15, 2005, 10:51:01 AM »
Yeah, I know he never soloed a lot. But he played the snot out of some support music with Genesis, and I really wish he'd played a Parker instead of the Steinberger. Not to knock the graphite club- they're okay... but I think Mike would've done us proud with a Mojo.

-MoParker, proudly smoking three new Parkers (PM20, P36, P42), a Dave Gilmour Strat, Washburn A20, '79 Iceman, Ibanez Roadstar II Bass, and an '86 Ric "Redneck" Bass (NOT for sale!)

-MoParker, proudly smoking three new Parkers (PM20, P36, P42), a Dave Gilmour Strat, Washburn A20, '79 Iceman, Ibanez Roadstar II Bass, and an '86 Ric "Redneck" Bass (NOT for sale!)

Mike Rutherford

Offline Nigel Tufnel

Mike Rutherford
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 12:51:59 AM »
hOly $chnitt!!! A Ric Redneck!?!? I played one of those back in the 80s- an amazing bass. Now even Ric people say there's no such thing... call it a "bloodstar" they do! Yeah! And about Rutherford... you're right. he provided a foundation for Genesis, but he proved himself with the Mechanics. Good player!

Owner/Operator:
'05 Mojo,
Mappa Burl Honey Flame PM20
Grey Metallic P42
and a truckload of other less stellar guitars.
"Never, EVER buy weed from Lando Calrissian."

Artist Trans Cherry Burst, Blue Gator P-38, Carvin 12-String Quilt, and a whole bunch of Kiesel customs, in hopes that Parker someday gets their $#!T together again.