Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tendonitis  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Yoyo

Tendonitis
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 11:16:45 AM »
I do use too much finger pressure. Trouble is I prefer the sound that way, more intensity comes through, but I'll think more on that one. Another possible contributing factor is the fact that I have short fingers, for example if I hold down an E chord in the first position I can't fret the 6th string at the 4th fret with my little finger. The reason it all started though was after a prolonged period of intense playing(12 yrs ago) when I the problem arose I thought it was arthritis and read that you should keep your fingers moving so I carried on playing for months. Had I simply rested Id've been alright.

I laughed at being called a popper though I don't know what one is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:27:36 AM by Yoyo »
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

Tendonitis

Offline sfw

Tendonitis
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »
My Dad and I had a nice chuckle over this thread. My wonderful grandmother, who passed away at age 99 just before the millinium, she SWORE by her wd40. She had used it occasionally when her arth. would flar up for as long as Dad and I could remember. We always just assumed it was some folk lore but had never heard anyone else doing this until just now. I called him up and had him read this. Thank you all for bringing up such a fond memory. We hadn't thought about this in over ten years. It is strange how things seem to come out of nowhere sometimes just when you need it.
- Scott

PM10; Few Nitefly's; Franken-Fenders
Wiggles Murray, Barbie Electric w/matching mic, American Idol electric, Pink Hello Kitty