Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Peter Green TV Prog  (Read 1446 times)

Offline Yoyo

Peter Green TV Prog
« on: May 25, 2009, 05:58:43 AM »
A program on Greeny was aired on the BBC recently and it's on Youtube. A bit of a must for any fans, lots of anecdotal stuff from Mick Fleetwood, John Mcvie, Jeremy Spencer etc, plus some poignant words from the man himself.

For some unknown reason I couldn't copy the link, but if you search under Peter Green it's on the first page as The Peter Green Story(1/12).
The only thing that exists is this moment now.

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline danjazzny

Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 06:35:33 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTSpOUHkFE4 [8D]

'97 Alex Artist ; '99 Simonized Artist; '97 Custom Red Artist; '98 Custom Tobacco Artist (Hardtail); '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail); Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline David Tomkins

• Advanced Member
Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »
was a very good and honest programme.  You could still sense McVie's anger at the people who gave greeny the trip

2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!
2005 Green Quilted Maple Custom Mojo signed by Steve Vai, 2006 Parker Fly T-Shirt, 2006 Parker Fly Baseball Cap.  A triple-whammy of Parker goodness!!

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:11:46 AM »
What a fantastic series. I am halfway through it. I forgot how much I love this stuff. Wonderful to see things evolve and liking the whole journey.

Funny to see him as an old man.(He's not that old but he looks it). Makes you think you wont look at old people the same way.

Thanks Yo. Great stuff.

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
OK I watched the second half. Very depressing. I knew none of this. Sounds like more of an unveiling of a major psychiatric ailment than just LSD brain Fry. Probably each making the other worse. Then the ECT and major antipsychotic drugs and another 20 years of stupor.

" My head felt like a coconut. Like a shell. I couldnt make use of the inside of it. ... felt like a liquid inside, shaped like a head, but you couldnt use it."

Very sad. But his playing at his prime... SUBLIME.

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline JSanta

Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »
I'm about half way through, it's great to finally see this story.

/jim

Miss Wormwood:  What State do you live in?
Calvin: Denial.
Miss Wormwood: I don't suppose I can argue with that...

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »
A mentor and peer of his (select company), a profound influence on blues and rock guitar, and not done yet, except perhaps as far as the groupie thing is concerned....

Riley B. King, May 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nrlNm2zQyg
Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
A few Flys in my soup

Peter Green TV Prog

Offline Yoyo

Peter Green TV Prog
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:28:32 AM »
I've had chances to see the current Peter Green, but I just couldn't bear to see this diminished version though I am glad for his sake that he's back on the road. I did see him twice in a fortnight back in 1969 and to say he blew me away is putting it mildly. Both gigs were at small venues with good acoustics. You know how he was a supremely tasteful player and would never show off, well at the second gig he said that before the show somebody had asked if he could do a number with them and that they were in a good mood so they were going to let him have a go. He then wandered off and came back on wearing a monkey mask and really let it rip. If only we'd had camera phones back then.
The only thing that exists is this moment now.