Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks to my Dad (love him), this is my influence.  (Read 1070 times)

Offline 4mula97

Thanks to my Dad (love him), this is my influence.
« on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:40 PM »
This kinda describes the kinda of music and movies i was exposed to from my father.  i remember him singing this to me when i was very young, i always asked him why he kept singing that silly song to me, he just said "I'll tell you later".

low and behold when i turned 12 he and i sat down and watched that movie.  from then on i was hooked (on mitchum and "simple music").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRH7FtAAbJE

EX Fly owner
BC Rich Mockingbird w/ GFS Retrontrons
Strat SSS "copy"
Johnson Acou/ Elec (not bad)
Homemade Project Jupiter Thunderbird/ Billy Bo copy

Offline Strandwolf

• http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577969013
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »
Yeah, lucky you! Cool pops.

Robert Mitchum Quotes

When Mitchum, who served time for marijuana possission, was asked what it was like in jail, he replied, "It`s like Palm Springs without the riff-raff."

I kept the same suit for six years - and the same dialog. We just changed the title of the picture and the leading lady.

He sure don`t bring much brains to the party, that kid. - On Steve McQueen

When asked what he looked for in a script before accepting a job, he said, "Days off."

[on working with Faye Dunaway] When I got here I walked in thinking I was a star and then I found I was supposed to do everything the way she says. Listen, I`m not going to take any temperamental whims from anyone, I just take a long walk and cool off. If I didn`t do that, I know I`d wind up dumping her on her derrière.

I only read the reviews of my films if they`re amusing. Six books have been written about me but I`ve only met two of the authors. They get my name and birthplace wrong in the first paragraph. From there it`s all downhill.

The Rin Tin Tin method is good enough for me. That dog never worried about motivation or concepts and all that junk."

Up there on the screen you`re thirty feet wide, your eyeball is six feet high, but it doesn`t mean that you really amount to anything or have anything important to say.

Sometimes, I think I ought to go back and do at least one thing really well. But again, indolence will probably cause me to hesitate about finding a place to start. Part of that indolence perhaps is due to shyness because I`m a natural hermit. I`ve been in constant motion of escape all my life. I never really found the right corner to hide in.

I got a great life out of the movies. I`ve been all over the world and met the most fantastic people. I don`t really deserve all I`ve gotten. It`s a privileged life, and I know it.

These kids only want to talk about acting method and motivation; in my day all we talked about was screwing and overtime.

People make too much of acting. You are not helping anyone like being a doctor or even a musician. In the final analysis, you have exalted no one but yourself.

Just after we shot Secret Ceremony (1968), lesbianism came in ... I`m no darned good as a lesbian.

How the hell did I get into this picture anyway? I kept reading in the papers that I was going to do it, but when they sent me the script I just tossed it on the heap with the rest of them. But somehow, one Monday morning, here I was. How the hell do these things happen to a man?" - On The Good Guys and the Bad Guys (1969)

"Stars today are just masturbation images." (1983)

Asked his opinion of Method actors Robert De Niro, Al Pacino and Jack Nicholson: "They are all small."

How do I keep fit? I lay down a lot.

When asked why in his mid-sixties he took on the arduous task of starring in an 18-hour mini-series "The Winds of War" (1983) (mini): "It promised a year of free lunches."

You know what the average Robert Mitchum fan is? He`s full of warts and dandruff and he`s probably got a hernia too, but he sees me up there on the screen and he thinks if that bum can make it, I can be president.

John Wayne had four inch lifts in his shoes. He had the overheads on his boat accommodated to fit him. He had a special roof put in his station wagon. The son of a witch, they probably buried him in his goddarn lifts.

Not that I`m a complete whore, understand. There are movies I won`t do for any amount. I turned down Patton (1970) and I turned down Dirty Harry (1971). Movies that piss on the world. If I`ve got five bucks in my pocket, I don`t need to make money that f***ing way, daddy.

You`ve got to realize that a Steve McQueen performance lends itself to monotony.

Every two or three years, I knock off for a while. That way I`m always the new girl in the whorehouse.

I have two acting styles: with and without a horse.

Years ago, I saved up a million dollars from acting, a lot of money in those days, and I spent it all on a horse farm in Tucson. Now when I go down there, I look at that place and I realize my whole acting career adds up to a million dollars worth of horse bolagna.

(on press stories) "They`re all true - booze, brawls, broads, all true. Make up some more if you want to."

People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I`m just trying to hold my gut in.

"Listen. I got three expressions: looking left, looking right and looking straight ahead." (on his acting talents)

I started out to be a sex fiend but couldn`t pass the physical.

I gave up being serious about making pictures around the time I made a film with Greer Garson and she took a hundred and twenty-five takes to say no.

Parkers: Pick, cap, T-shirt, clock, and other assorted accouterments

Offline 4mula97

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
"...I reckon you can do all those things you say you can, but first you got to catch me."

Thunder Road

I figured youd be the first to comment on this Strandwolf.

EX Fly owner
BC Rich Mockingbird w/ GFS Retrontrons
Strat SSS "copy"
Johnson Acou/ Elec (not bad)
Homemade Project Jupiter Thunderbird/ Billy Bo copy