Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An Explanation of Forum Rules  (Read 14065 times)

Offline danjazzny

An Explanation of Forum Rules
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »
That sounds very reasonable to me and your contributions are valued. Thanks. [8D]

'97 Alex Artist ; '99 Simonized Artist; '97 Custom Red Artist; '98 Custom Tobacco Artist (Hardtail); '96 Dayn Deluxe (Hardtail); Line6 Flextone 3 Amp; Line 6 Vetta II Amp
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 04:29:09 PM »
Thanks Terry.  I appreciate your response. [:)]

Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe (in Ruby Red), Digitech GNX4, other stuff...
God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 05:57:33 PM »
Also well said BillyT.

I think its easy for us to forget that there are real people behind the corporation. We all can disagree without getting personal.

Your posts add a lot and I hope you stay active.

And we all really do appreciate this forum and I am glad USM has kept it going.

I really, really wish we had spell check. I really, really can't spell.

Vitriolic? You got me there. Sounds like someone addicted to drinking vitreous. I am going to have to look that one up.

A few Flys in my soup
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 05:58:43 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »
Yep, I'd say that sums up the atmosphere here at times. But heck, that is expected from time to time from a bunch of Parkerholics discussing the things they are most passionate about.

Adj. 1. vitriolic - harsh or corrosive in tone; "an acerbic tone piercing otherwise flowery prose"; "a barrage of acid comments"; "her acrid remarks make her many enemies"; "bitter words"; "blistering criticism"; "caustic jokes about political assassination, talk-show hosts and medical ethics"; "a sulfurous denunciation"; "a vitriolic critique"
acid, blistering, caustic, sulfurous, sulphurous, acrid, acerb, acerbic, bitter, virulent
unpleasant - disagreeable to the senses, to the mind, or feelings ; "an unpleasant personality"; "unpleasant repercussions"; "unpleasant odors"
 2. vitriolic - of a substance, especially a strong acid; capable of destroying or eating away by chemical action
corrosive, erosive, mordant, caustic
destructive - causing destruction or much damage; "a policy that is destructive to the economy"; "destructive criticism"

A few Flys in my soup
A few Flys in my soup

Offline Lwinn171

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 09:38:11 PM »
It is difficult to respectfully disagree in writing. One tries to be diplomatic, yet make their point. It's a tough balance to maintain sometimes (without all the subtleties of face to face interaction), but I think by and large we do pretty well. And we don't disagree about everything, so that's good for all of us to keep in mind. I love my Fly's, they are superb guitars. The newer USM Fly's I played at the factory tour were as well. Our goal is universal. We all want USM to make the very best Parker's possible. That occasionally means we may have differences of opinion, but I want Terry especially to know it isn't a personal attack. Speaking for myself, it was never intended in that way; I generally mean to be helpful. [^]
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:12:13 PM by Lwinn171 »

Lawrence Winn
2001 Classic, 98 Deluxe
various amps, various toys

Offline mountaindewaddict

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 09:32:46 AM »
A bit of a threadjack, but for those concerned about spell check, just switch to Firefox as your browser.  It's built in.  Like as I type this post, the word "threadjack" is underlined in red.  If I right click on it, it brings up a list of possible suggestions.  I think Google Chrome has the same function, but I like Firefox better.

Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe (in Ruby Red), Digitech GNX4, other stuff...
God Bless!
Casey

Gear: Parker Fly Deluxe, Parker PDF60, Way Huge, Digitech / Hardwire, Line 6, Source Audio,T-Rex, and TC Electronic Pedals, Egnater amps, other stuff... God Bless!

Offline bembamboo

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »
i haven't seen the rules.  its easy to be respectful until somebody says or does something that is objectionable.  then u have to respond or u are weak-spined. discussion can get messy, emotional and such is life. censorship is in the province of my uncle's religiousity.  we are like in the usa man, flaunght it.  say what u think. censors are chickens.  censor the world wide web?  that sounds hitleresque. we've been thru that before, haven't we. Like in the fav guitarist swection. what's with simon?  that's not the first time he's gotten bent. rock'nroll is really not about censorship.