Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MAXXFLY (formerly DRAGONFLY) / Re: Finally my MaxxFly 7 is coming Monday!
« Last post by marcwormjim on November 20, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
In the last (I want to say) 2-3 years of production, Parker dropped Fishman as the supplier of their piezo functionality and went with Graphtech. Because Graphtech was already producing hexaphonic 13 pin-outputting boards to compete with RMC and Roland, Parker (by now essentially a built-to-order custom shop with a dealer network) advertised builds with these features as a premium option. Unfortunately, I don’t think there is any hepta/septaphonic outboard gear; with everything on the market being hexaphonic. As such, you can only use 6 of the 7 strings with a guitar synth - Making the “MIDI-capable 7 string” option a bit of a moot point, only there for owners willing to make that compromise.
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB: Solar Flare Fly
« Last post by TheGrail on November 20, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
Joe,
Patience is a virtue .. there's a rather small pool of Parkers and most of them will never be sold. : )

But sometimes the planets line up and amazing deals occur. That's what happened to me a year ago when I had been searching for a 'beater' Fly for a project. I happened to see someone selling one only 2 hours away from me and was able to drive to pick it up at a great price.  : )

Cheers, and good luck!
Roy
« Last post by JamieCrain on November 20, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
What did Parker mean then, when they described the 7 string as “midi upgradable”?

Did they really mean 6/7s upgradable??
TECH TALK / Re: Has anyone a 3D-scan/model of a Parker Fly
« Last post by Ollii on November 20, 2017, 01:09:43 AM »
Yes, the disadvantage of photogrammetry is unfortunately that the stetup to get good 3D-models is quite complex. And the finals 3d-object is still not very exact. If you already own a parker or know someone nearby who has one, time is not the problem. Unfortunately that does not apply to me. I would have to find someone who lives near me, owns one, and has enough patience to get involved.

I would now have the hope that the laser dots from the iPhone X may be a bit more accurate. Unfortunately, I have to wait for my new company phone til February :-).
« Last post by jb63 on November 19, 2017, 08:52:48 PM »
I've put some midi systems in 7-strings before and the real question you have to ask yourself is "which 6 strings?" The most successful one I ran was in a Brian Moore where I would play bass on the bottom 4 through the 1/4" jack and then use the GK to play organ-like chords on the top 6. It was a bit confusing, but I eventually got the hang of it.  With your Parker 7 you should try a GK3 external mount and see what you like (string 1 or 7) first.  I think that converting a 7-string to midi might really kill the aftermarket value, BUT there are some cool new things you should look into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo7rQN-x-OE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unSpaxIEkV4

Not trying to tell you what to do or anything, just pointing you to cool stuff!
Show Us Your Parker / Re: My Swarm
« Last post by Sandoz on November 19, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »
They all look awesome. I really like the black one. Great collection, thanks for sharing.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / rip malcolm young
« Last post by billy on November 18, 2017, 04:58:53 PM »
back in black was one of the albums that made me want to play electric guitar.  I wore out my first copy.

such a sad way to go, hope he's crushing riffs in the sky with all the other rock luminaries we've lost lately.
P SERIES GUITARS / Re: stolen pm20
« Last post by billy on November 18, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »
I have seen seconds with the serial scraped off, though the B stock marking imho is much more professional looking.

Having done lots of manufacturing, the factory s/n logging system may allow them to "reuse" a serial from a "scrapped" guitar. 

I believe the pm series were imports so anything is possible.

TECH TALK / Re: Parker P Bridge Trem Issue (pushing Back Plate Off)
« Last post by billy on November 18, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »
Crazy as it sounds, the friction works quite well in most cases to retain the bushings in the wood. 

It seems like someone had a simpler problem they didn't know how to resolve and distorted the hole.  Whoever took out the bushings didn't seem to have enough sense to tap them out from the front and probably manhandled them with screwdrivers and vice grips.  They may have pushed the hole off axis a bit too.  Or perhaps the hole was initially off axis, as you suggest, and this is what caused them to remove the bushings to begin with.

The filling and drilling isn't too bad if you have a drill press and the right diameter forstner bit (drills a flat bottom hole in larger diameters). 

The toothpicks do seem a little kludgey but it is cheap, easy, reversible, and requires almost no tools.  I believe it will be very effective since you can space them around the circumference without screwing up the hole center too drastically.  Just don't go crazy with the glue.  If there's paint inside the entire hole, substitute super glue for wood glue.

Good luck!
P SERIES GUITARS / Re: stolen pm20
« Last post by JamieCrain on November 18, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »
Serial numbers scratched off does not sound like a second to me. I think your first thought is closer to the mark.

Besides, releasing seconds to the market (and marked as such) is a risky strategy. It tells people something about your quality, and so could be brand-damaging. For high end product like Parker, I'd have thought this would be a no-go zone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10