Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB Spanish/Nylon Fly
« Last post by jefsummers on May 26, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
I see the Reverb listing was sold at some point today.

At least for now   :-\
« Last post by sybersitizen on May 25, 2017, 08:51:16 PM »
I see the Reverb listing was sold at some point today.
« Last post by ParkerPlayer on May 25, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »
That 'Spanish' Fly has now been relisted, having been returned by the first buyer due to significant finish damage (chips, dents, scratches) conveniently omitted from the Reverb photos.
I've found out that this exact guitar was offered for sale on this forum in 2011, when the dings were shown! It apparently didn't sell at that time.
The current seller, Capital City Guitars, is now chancing it once again, with very "selective" description and photos. Be warned!

Thanks for the heads up, Chris.  I had a similar experience recently buying an Artist on Reverb.com.  I ended up returning it for exactly the same reason; the seller described all the good, but not enough of the bad and the ugly.  So I had higher expectations and was immediately let down when the guitar arrived. 

Syber, thanks for posting links.  It's very interesting to see the differences in how the same guitar is advertised.  I wish every seller would give clear, close up photos of the dings like Philonius had done.
« Last post by ChrisNB on May 25, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »
Thanks; I was going to add that link after digging it out again!
I'm now glad that didn't buy it a couple of weeks ago for the price I'd offered.
« Last post by sybersitizen on May 25, 2017, 06:58:56 PM »
That 'Spanish' Fly has now been relisted, having been returned by the first buyer due to significant finish damage (chips, dents, scratches) conveniently omitted from the Reverb photos.
I've found out that this exact guitar was offered for sale on this forum in 2011, when the dings were shown! It apparently didn't sell at that time.
The current seller, Capital City Guitars, is now chancing it once again, with very "selective" description and photos. Be warned!!

For easier reading, here is the current Reverb listing:

https://reverb.com/item/5235967

And here is the old forum listing, with damage shown:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,12532.0.html

Serial number is 031050BSS.
« Last post by ChrisNB on May 25, 2017, 05:58:56 PM »
The current seller, Capital City Guitars, is now chancing it once again, with very "selective" description and photos. Be warned!
FLY GUITARS / Re: Check out this "Fly Deluxe"
« Last post by resettheconsole on May 24, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Nitefly Mojo
FLY GUITARS / Re: Dating and modell help
« Last post by sybersitizen on May 24, 2017, 09:40:31 AM »
It's presumably a 1994 Deluxe. (If it only has three control knobs instead of four, then it's a 2004 Deluxe.)

Here's the information on serial numbering:

http://forums.parkerguitars.com/index.php/topic,7128.msg68163.html#msg68163
FLY GUITARS / Dating and modell help
« Last post by slotter24 on May 24, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Can anyone tell me the production year and the Modell of my parker thx SER NR:361044 BP

PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB some Fishman parts
« Last post by sybersitizen on May 22, 2017, 01:08:57 AM »
... I'll go with a Fishman power chip.  Does that allow you to balance the individual piezos? Is that even a good question for me to ask?

It's an okay question; but the answer is no. The original Fly board doesn't allow that either. It's not something that's needed if the piezos are working properly.

Both types allow adjustment of the overall piezo volume compared to the mag pickups.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10