Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Any recommendations for a fret dressing in CO.
« Last post by Mr303 on October 21, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »
Never heard of this! The hardened SS frets on Parkers don't show any sign of wear. My Gibson and Fender would wear with string dents and I would still play them till they fretted out and buzzed. Parker's don't do that. Plecked a Nitefly and had to finished the sanding with 1-3k sandpaper to get that mirror finish. Won't pleck one again. Search for my adventure. I do wipe down after each play top and underneath string to preserve string life. Weird that OP went through 2 flys.
A Plek is just a tool, and still requires final tool mark removal and polish. A good luthier will do this. My fave guy refretted 2 of my guitars with steel and Pleked them. And they are incredibly smooth. I also had 2 Parkers Pleked (USA bolt ons - he won't do glued frets). Equally awesome.

I'm a big believer in the Plek - in the right hands.

I have a Pleked acoustic parlor guitar and it’s one of the most belittled underrated guitars in most guitar forums and on the net in general. 
Still, It plays very well and with a good set of strings the guitar sounds great. 
It’s a Zager EZPlay....I agree properly executed, a plek machine gives good results.
« Last post by jester700 on October 20, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
Never heard of this! The hardened SS frets on Parkers don't show any sign of wear. My Gibson and Fender would wear with string dents and I would still play them till they fretted out and buzzed. Parker's don't do that. Plecked a Nitefly and had to finished the sanding with 1-3k sandpaper to get that mirror finish. Won't pleck one again. Search for my adventure. I do wipe down after each play top and underneath string to preserve string life. Weird that OP went through 2 flys.
A Plek is just a tool, and still requires final tool mark removal and polish. A good luthier will do this. My fave guy refretted 2 of my guitars with steel and Pleked them. And they are incredibly smooth. I also had 2 Parkers Pleked (USA bolt ons - he won't do glued frets). Equally awesome.

I'm a big believer in the Plek - in the right hands.
« Last post by sybersitizen on October 20, 2018, 11:00:58 AM »
Never heard of this!

The only person I know of who actually 'wore out' a Fly is Dave Martone. I can't say for sure what parts were affected, but considering his style and his gig schedule, I suppose we could assume the frets showed some wear. He replaced his first Fly a couple of years back and is working on number two.
« Last post by plan-x on October 20, 2018, 04:14:24 AM »
Yes! This guitar does it ALL. For a full price sale, I can be persuaded to throw in some extra stuff... such as the MIDI cable and the stereo cable.
TECH TALK / Re: Pickup Samples - Request
« Last post by Tangerine~Fly on October 17, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »

And so it begins . . . . .     :)
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / WTB - Left handed P36
« Last post by willross on October 17, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »

Hey,

I've seen one....just one. And I want one.

Start with your dream price and we'll work from there.

Cheers,
Will
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WANTED: Pre-refined Fly
« Last post by Mr303 on October 17, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »
That looks like a hella bad paint job.
Methinks the cat could have done it better.
 Really? Looks like the guy used the little nail brush over the entire front?
And how did he get body damage severe enough to need a pint of nail polish from a strap coming off?
It’s pricey for what it is...but Parker’s are holding their value!
I hope it doesn’t skyrocket as the auction ends.
Cheers!
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WANTED: Pre-refined Fly
« Last post by dspiffy on October 17, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
I've used nail polish to touch up guitars, but nothing larger than a thumb nail.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: I quit playing guitar about two years ago
« Last post by meltedbuzzbox on October 17, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
Its rare to see Parker's for sale in the UK.
Like people have said above, listed them on eBay/reverb or maybe even TGP as seperate ads and see how things go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10