Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
FLY GUITARS / Re: JJ Custom Works Free-Way Switch in Parker Fly Artist
« Last post by dspiffy on Today at 02:18:46 AM »
After reading this thread, I'm going to order one for my pre-refined Fly.  Do you have a wiring diagram for that or only the refined version?

Thank you!
FLY GUITARS / Re: Fly Deluxe Pickups
« Last post by dspiffy on Today at 01:54:26 AM »
OP, did you ever swap pickups?  How do you like them?
FLY GUITARS / Another pickup question-- pre refined coil taps
« Last post by dspiffy on Today at 01:39:37 AM »
Another pickup question:

I have the pre-refined Fly where the center position is one coil from each pickup.  It's MUCH quieter than the two outer positions.  I assume this is normal.

Does this bother anyone else?  Has anyone rewired theirs for the center position to be all 4 coils?
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Wanted! Parker fly
« Last post by Glingard on June 24, 2018, 04:05:45 AM »
Anyone got a Parker fly they may part with?
TECH TALK / Re: With heart in mouth and file in hand...
« Last post by Notes_Norton on June 23, 2018, 05:24:49 PM »
I haven't the tools or the know-how to do anything like that.

I'm extremely impressed.

And I know who to call :D

Notes
TECH TALK / Re: Output jack issues (again)
« Last post by Notes_Norton on June 23, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »
I don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but I found this jack and put it on a problem panel on my gig rack, and it solved the problem. It holds the plug in better and holds it firmer.

It does take a replacement though.

https://puretonetechnologies.com/

Notes
FLY GUITARS / Does anyone have non-stock Pickups in their Fly or P Series?
« Last post by dspiffy on June 23, 2018, 12:06:25 PM »
I swapped the pickups in my P-36 for Bill Lawrence Keystones and I LOVE the difference. 

If I keep my P-42 I may swap the pickups.  The stock pickups sound comparably dead after playing a Fly and the upgraded P-36.

Also toying with replacing the pickups in my Fly.  I love the idea of a split middle position but it has almost too much quack for me-- it sounds like bridge/middle on a Strat.  I prefer neck/middle or neck/bridge (i.e. Tele).

Anyone done any pickup swaps and loved/hated it?
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: Pre-serial# Fly F.S.
« Last post by marvin jensen on June 23, 2018, 10:29:54 AM »
2nd P.S.  The first ones used a black oxide allen bolt for the truss rod adjustment.  Later Fly's used a stainless torx screw
« Last post by marvin jensen on June 23, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
P.S.  And no serial number.  The serial numbers were applied on the paint under the clear.  They are INT's  (transfer type)
« Last post by marvin jensen on June 23, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
I will post pics later (If I can) when I get time to shoot them.  However, it looks much like any other Parker Fly hardtail except for the color.  Also the edges of the fretboard and fret ends are better than most because I did it myself.  The Parker logo on the headstock is gold instead of white.  The BHCS (button head cap screws) holding the saddles on are black oxide (stainless came later).  Although the photos won't show it the neck has a nicer (IMO) profile because I sanded the neck blank myself.  Even small changes in the neck profile make a huge difference in feel, they aren't all EXACTLY the same becuse they are hand sanded after the CNC machining.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10