Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Yes! This guitar does it ALL. For a full price sale, I can be persuaded to throw in some extra stuff... such as the MIDI cable and the stereo cable.
TECH TALK / Re: Pickup Samples - Request
« Last post by Tangerine~Fly on October 17, 2018, 08:30:23 PM »

And so it begins . . . . .     :)
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / WTB - Left handed P36
« Last post by willross on October 17, 2018, 06:55:01 PM »

Hey,

I've seen one....just one. And I want one.

Start with your dream price and we'll work from there.

Cheers,
Will
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WANTED: Pre-refined Fly
« Last post by Mr303 on October 17, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »
That looks like a hella bad paint job.
Methinks the cat could have done it better.
 Really? Looks like the guy used the little nail brush over the entire front?
And how did he get body damage severe enough to need a pint of nail polish from a strap coming off?
It’s pricey for what it is...but Parker’s are holding their value!
I hope it doesn’t skyrocket as the auction ends.
Cheers!
« Last post by dspiffy on October 17, 2018, 01:58:37 PM »
I've used nail polish to touch up guitars, but nothing larger than a thumb nail.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: I quit playing guitar about two years ago
« Last post by meltedbuzzbox on October 17, 2018, 01:15:45 PM »
Its rare to see Parker's for sale in the UK.
Like people have said above, listed them on eBay/reverb or maybe even TGP as seperate ads and see how things go.
TECH TALK / Re: Pickup Samples - Request
« Last post by Paul Marossy on October 17, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »
I always preferred the Gen 1s to the Gen 2s myself.
TECH TALK / Re: Ribbon Cable needes
« Last post by Paul Marossy on October 17, 2018, 11:57:31 AM »
If possible just trace the path of the ribbon  and solder a small wire from one point to the other, bypassing the connector (ony needs to be done on the faulty "line"

If you're really good, you can even possibly scrape off the plastic between the two broken points and solder a short piece of resistor lead between those two points... but that all depends on the nature of the failure.
« Last post by vjmanzo on October 17, 2018, 11:44:09 AM »
The seller says:

“I used purple sparkle nail polish to repair it. I talked to a technician at Parker guitars about this and that’s exactly what he said to do.“

Maybe the Parker technician thought the owner was describing a much smaller area to cover? I would think that covering large areas of the guitar with nail polish might be problematic in terms of chemicals in it damaging the finish (or worse: the carbon fiber); I’ve never used nail polish to touch-up a guitar, so I’m not familiar with that. I have read a few sad stories of people using normal paint strippers/thinners to change the paint on their Fly only to have the carbon fiber on the back “melt”!  :-[

Agreed though: unless the price stays at what it is, once you factor in the cost of a refinish by someone who is knowledge about Flys, you’re probably in the total price ballpark of other used Deluxe Flys on Reverb and eBay.

Unless, of course, you like the new finish the seller did, in which case: another steal if it sells for $799!
TECH TALK / Re: Sperzel Locking Tuner problem
« Last post by marvin jensen on October 17, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
I probably have a replacement Sperzel if yu find that the tuner is really the culprit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10