Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
TECH TALK / Re: DiMarzio Pickup Wiring
« Last post by JamieCrain on Today at 02:49:36 AM »
Interesting. I wonder what difference swapping the direction it makes to the sound?

As a side note I have long believed that the tonal differences between different pups in like-for-like configuration is greatly exaggerated (mainly by the manufacturers in pursuit of product differentiation) and something that can mostly be ironed out by bit of EQ’ing. As a popular thread on this forum argues, 90% of tone is in the hands. I’d also add that a further 5% is a combo of pups, wood, strings etc and the remaining 5% is in your head. ;D
TECH TALK / Re: DiMarzio Pickup Wiring
« Last post by Big Swifty on Today at 01:42:25 AM »
OK, had a look at the bridge pup..nope, so....it's the neck pup that's rotated, knew one of them was!

Bit hard to tell, but the coils end at the top of the pup (where the knife blade is in the first pic) and the coloured wires run around the edge of the pup under the tape and comes out in the bottom corner, as per. You can kind of see them peaking out halfway along the inside edge of the pup.

Second pic is a closeup of where the winds end and the coloured wires start, which is the top of the pup, looking down at it from the playing posi.

Why?...Something to do with the way the switch logic works i also seem to recall..

Cheers

B.S.

GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Trapezium Fly Neck Inlays
« Last post by alan clare on August 13, 2018, 09:41:30 PM »
Oh Dear..
My mistake..
I did not read...
Jst saw the photo..~~
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Trapezium Fly Neck Inlays
« Last post by sybersitizen on August 13, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »
There is a Fly for sale on Ebay UK,  which has the Gibson style, trapezium inlays on the f/board,

All Flys have a blank fingerboard - well the ones that I`ve seen...

Has anyone ever seen one like this?

They are not inlays. They are decals. The owner even says so in the description: "I have put sticker labels "that can easily be picked off with a needle' I put it on because I couldn't see where I was on the neck !"

Decals like that, and in dozens of other varieties, are easily obtained.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Trapezium Fly Neck Inlays
« Last post by alan clare on August 13, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
There is a Fly for sale on Ebay UK,  which has the Gibson style, trapezium inlays on the f/board,

All Flys have a blank fingerboard - well the ones that I`ve seen...

Has anyone ever seen one like this?

I would post a photo, if I knew how to..

Al
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB: Gen 1 Fly Pickups
« Last post by dspiffy on August 13, 2018, 04:34:36 PM »
eMail me dspiffy@gmail.com
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB: Gen 1 Fly Pickups
« Last post by marvin jensen on August 13, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »
I believe small flat rate box is aprox $7.00 so $75 plus $7 is $82.00
FLY GUITARS / Re: Later Fly Mojo Trussrod
« Last post by sybersitizen on August 13, 2018, 09:52:09 AM »
It is what it is. That must have been one of the first to receive the straight-through version of the rod.
FLY GUITARS / Re: Later Fly Mojo Trussrod
« Last post by yucafrita on August 13, 2018, 08:27:20 AM »
I think I have seen this before. But I'm no expert, I'm new to the Fly as well.
FLY GUITARS / Later Fly Mojo Trussrod
« Last post by awhit23 on August 13, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I have read this forum for a while but not posted before.
I am looking to purchase a USA fly mojo from the online side of a brick and mortar store.  Everything seems fine about the instrument (carbon fiber board, wrap, wiring etc..), except the location of the trussrod has me puzzled.  To my knowledge all of the fly models had the trussrod straight on from the end by the serial numbers, however this one has the truss rod on the top with a cover like a strat or lp.  The store believes this is a 2011 model.  Was this something that changed in the later years before the headstock shape changed?

Thank you for your assistance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10