Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
FLY GUITARS / Re: Ngd 95 Parker Deluxe IP QUESTION!
« Last post by VagabondJack on Today at 12:24:12 PM »
LOL. I'm not even sure where my bar is
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WANTED: Pre-refined Fly
« Last post by Paul Marossy on Today at 10:15:40 AM »
Do you all think Parkers will someday be ungodly expensive like the original Steinberger guitars with Trans-Trems? The Flys don't seem to have the same appeal to guitarists, but once something is "vintage" and unavailable, people seem to lose their minds lol
Thanx mr303. I will look into this after work.

Talked with TaxguyDave today and mentioned Fly fret repair.....SS fret work requires special hardened tools/files etc...possible lifting of frets, a reglue, resulting poor alignment etc etc etc.....problems most luthiers don’t want to tackle or could create without knowledge or experience. 

You might have to seriously consider sending it some place like Shazrock to ensure quality work.

Again, good luck

Anything on a Parker Fly is like alien technology to 99.7% of luthiers
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS / Re: Bad news for 2018?
« Last post by Paul Marossy on Today at 10:09:34 AM »
So IMHO flex would be a tough sell in guitars these days, but the right kind of approach and solid marketing (perhaps aimed at making "modular" circuit mods nearly on the fly) could help a lot too.

I don't think it would be that hard, they could use something like a low profile computer cable & connector. Just would require a little redesigning of the PCB for a different style of connector. Problem is that some day that probably will be unavailable too.
« Last post by Patzag on Today at 09:21:50 AM »
If you're careful, you can hammer it out from the bottom.  There should be hole in the backplate that allows you to access the trem arm bushing from the back of the guitar.
Insert appropriate tool and tap it out.
ANNOUNCEMENTS AND NEWS / Re: Bad news for 2018?
« Last post by jefsummers on October 14, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
My vote, original headstock and ship them with a Bullwinkle. Probably costs 2c in bulk.
GENERAL DISCUSSION / Re: Any recommendations for a fret dressing in CO.
« Last post by Mr303 on October 14, 2018, 07:05:02 PM »
Thanx mr303. I will look into this after work.

Talked with TaxguyDave today and mentioned Fly fret repair.....SS fret work requires special hardened tools/files etc...possible lifting of frets, a reglue, resulting poor alignment etc etc etc.....problems most luthiers don’t want to tackle or could create without knowledge or experience. 

You might have to seriously consider sending it some place like Shazrock to ensure quality work.

Again, good luck
« Last post by dspiffy on October 14, 2018, 05:31:23 PM »
I'd try a drop of WD40
FLY GUITARS / Ngd 95 Parker Deluxe IP QUESTION!
« Last post by MadMax on October 14, 2018, 03:02:43 PM »
Hello I recently picked up a Parker fly deluxe and everything is great but I can’t seem to remove the trem arm. I’ve loosened the set screw but it won’t pull out!
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WANTED: Pre-refined Fly
« Last post by daynwarren on October 13, 2018, 10:46:41 PM »
That one did go for a pretty good deal. I’m still looking for one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10