Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
TECH TALK / Re: red wood necks
« Last post by joedreamliner787 on December 23, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
38.13 he mentions "all these guitars" lol sprayed with s variety of poisonous bulls*** he says.

One of my favorite moments! LOL happy to share it, Joe.

So our Fly's are poisoned 😂😂 lol
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Re: WTB Gutted Fly, Fly shell, or broken Fly
« Last post by joedreamliner787 on December 23, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »
Hmmm what plans do you have with the modeling? I am a CAD guy too but not 3D my discipline is fire protection using AutoCAD MEP and sometimes Revit

Very cool, Joe! Good to know! I have a couple different research projects in the works that I hope to share more details about soon, but, at this stage, just want to do some tests and analysis on existing Flys (but not ones that I am currently playing!).

Definately look forward to anything you share and I will keep my eye out for beat up flys!
Custom Parker Guitars / Re: I just need one more Parker Guitar....
« Last post by vjmanzo on December 23, 2018, 06:51:39 PM »
[
does the bronze fly have a wider neck profile like the Nylon and also what about the nut?

The Fly Concert/Bronze is in many ways just a hardtail Fly Artist without magnetic pickups; same neck profile, nut, etc.  If I didn’t already have one, I was going to buy a Deluxe, block the bridge, string it up with phosphor bronze strings, and file the nut slots to accommodate them.

Could be a cool project! You could also remove the mags, fill the cavities, and cover the front of the guitar with a veneer! Just sayin’!  :o
« Last post by Mr303 on December 23, 2018, 06:48:02 PM »
Good luck on your search! They don’t come up often.

If you’re just going for the sound of a Concert, you can string up a Fly (Deluxe, Classic, etc.) with 11-gauge phosphor bronze strings and use the piezo output only to get a very similar sound. If you have an Artist, you’d have the same wood as a Concert and can do the same thing.

Cool idea.
I’ve going to try this with the hardtail.
And my friends wonder why I have more than a few Parker’s !?   
« Last post by ParkerPlayer on December 23, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
Yep I know exactly how you feel.  Buying Parker Flys seems to lead to buying more Parker Flys.  I bought an Artist, then a Deluxe, then another Artist (then returned it) then a second Classic (not sure why) then most recently a Supreme.  After that I started looking for the Concert/Bronze to complete my collection but I never actually found one in great condition and sort of gave up. 

Good luck on finding one.  Btw, you have great taste in guitars !  :D
« Last post by joedreamliner787 on December 23, 2018, 06:19:04 PM »

If you’re just going for the sound of a Concert, you can string up a Fly (Deluxe, Classic, etc.) with 11-gauge phosphor bronze strings and use the piezo output only to get a very similar sound. If you have an Artist, you’d have the same wood as a Concert and can do the same thing.

Thanks! Now you have me thinking...does the bronze fly have a wider neck profile like the Nylon and also what about the nut? I assume it would have to be filed to accommodate? I currently use 9's. I do have a fly classic 98 in teal with original electronics. I would also have to change the trem spring which I have an 11 kicking around.
« Last post by vjmanzo on December 23, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »

TECH TALK / Re: red wood necks
« Last post by vjmanzo on December 23, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »
38.13 he mentions "all these guitars" lol sprayed with s variety of poisonous bulls*** he says.

One of my favorite moments! LOL happy to share it, Joe.
« Last post by vjmanzo on December 23, 2018, 05:23:26 PM »
Hmmm what plans do you have with the modeling? I am a CAD guy too but not 3D my discipline is fire protection using AutoCAD MEP and sometimes Revit

Very cool, Joe! Good to know! I have a couple different research projects in the works that I hope to share more details about soon, but, at this stage, just want to do some tests and analysis on existing Flys (but not ones that I am currently playing!).
« Last post by vjmanzo on December 23, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »
Just following up: I’m set regarding this request (thanks, Dayn!).

However, if anyone sees this thread in the future and has a broken-beyond-repair Fly or some factory leftover body/neck/shell that they’re willing (or being pressured by a significant other!) to part with, please PM me. :)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]