Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
TECH TALK / Re: Piezo low volume on two strings
« Last post by Patzag on March 17, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
Any issues I've ever had with the piezo on my Fly Deluxe were due to the wire coming out of the saddle having to be resoldered to the bridge summing bar.

That's on the original saddles.  I understand the dog balls have different issues if they separate from the saddle main body.  What type of saddles are we talking about?
TECH TALK / Piezo low volume on two strings
« Last post by JamieCrain on March 17, 2019, 01:45:10 AM »
 Hi folks,
I’ve noticed that the volume on two strings is about 50% compare to the other strings when using the Piezo.  The strings are relatively new, and the 9 V battery is still showing about 8.5 V so it should be okay.  I have turned the preamp up to 100% but it has not made a difference.

Any thoughts on how to diagnose the issue?
FAVORITE GUITARISTS / Re: jimmy page
« Last post by jb63 on March 16, 2019, 01:03:52 PM »
couldn't find it in high def, but its an awesome jimmy page moment from "it might get loud":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODidAgdL40Y

enjoy!
FAVORITE GUITARISTS / Re: jimmy page
« Last post by Mecha N on March 16, 2019, 07:42:11 AM »
anyone liks how jimmy page play?

He is Amazing man
FLY GUITARS / Re: One Original Saddle Needed
« Last post by Paul Marossy on March 14, 2019, 01:39:04 PM »
If you not averse to trying the Graphtech Ghost saddles, they do come with the piezo elements already glued into the saddles so I suppose you can cut the ends and wire those into the summing board. I’ve never done that. The saddles themselves are equivalent to the pewter saddles that JB63 is referring to.

I suppose that is a possibility.
« Last post by vjmanzo on March 13, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »
Getting the piezo elements to sit properly in the saddle can be a headache. When we did the 12-string fly mod, our lead electronics guy used adhesive-backed foam to do a pressure fit with the sensor against the interior wall of the saddle.  I’m not sure if the approach would work on existing saddles, but the sensors really need to be pressed right up against the saddles in order to work. If your piezo element is broken, however, you’d need to replace it, of course, and then try to seat it back in the saddle.

If you not averse to trying the Graphtech Ghost saddles, they do come with the piezo elements already glued into the saddles so I suppose you can cut the ends and wire those into the summing board. I’ve never done that. The saddles themselves are equivalent to the pewter saddles that JB63 is referring to. 
PARKER CLASSIFIEDS / Looking for a Hiscox case for an older Fly
« Last post by ehmanages on March 13, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »
Hi All, looking for a Hiscox case for one of my pre-refined Flys. Interested in any condition as long as it is functionally sound. Thanks!
Custom Parker Guitars / Re: Parker Fly Supreme question
« Last post by ehmanages on March 13, 2019, 03:37:03 PM »
Hi All, got the confirmation. It is trans blue! I'll be getting it refinished. I'll take before and after pics and post when I get it back!
« Last post by Paul Marossy on March 13, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »
I have a few of the crappy Pewter ones if you want to try it.

Crappy how? Like they don't sound good as the originals? I like the design of them in terms of them looking less prone to failing because stuff (theoretically) can't fall out/off of them. But I would want to replace them all if I was going that route.
« Last post by jb63 on March 13, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
I have a few of the crappy Pewter ones if you want to try it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]