Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: P9E Finish Options  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Markom

P9E Finish Options
« on: January 28, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
Hello everyone ... New to the forum, but have an immediate question:

I have an opportunity to purchase (site unseen) a P9E that I'm being told has a Trans Black finish, but I cannot find a reference anywhere that the P9E was ever offered in this finish ... I know the P8E was available in the TB finish ... Can anyone confirm this for the P9E for me? ... Thanks!

P9E Finish Options

Offline f.pinch

• http://fredpinch.com
P9E Finish Options
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 05:18:12 PM »
If it is from a Ebay dealer it is no problem just ask the dealer, they also will have a phone # as well,
Great guitars & they are worth the price. let us no how you make out!
fs

P9E Finish Options

Offline Markom

P9E Finish Options
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »
Hello, f.pinch ... Thanks for your input ... I did contact the seller, but have not heard anything yet (getting and little anxious about that, actually) ... I was hoping someone here might have a Trans Black P9E to confirm? ... I've searched the web, the Parker catalogs, etc., but cannot find a single reference for this ... Thanks again!

Markon
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 11:19:03 AM by Markom »

P9E Finish Options

Offline f.pinch

• http://fredpinch.com
P9E Finish Options
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 12:46:24 PM »
Hi Markom, Who are you dealing with on ebay because parker made alot of guitars as prototypes they even made 12string I bought a few from strings & things & they were great.
fs

P9E Finish Options

Offline Markom

P9E Finish Options
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
Check this out ... I've come to learn that this guitar is actually a P9E, but it has a P8EB medallion/label on the inside ... It is not Trans Black, but a solid black finish ... It clearly has rosewood sides and back, as opposed to maple ... Somewhat of an anomoly, but if it's a Washburn/Parker (Korea or China?) experiement, then all of this is quite understandable ... Real QA/QC issues if it is a production model ... I'll post after I've decided what to do ... Thanks again for your insight ... Very helpful ...

Now, can anyone tell me about Parker acoustic serial numbers?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:20:09 PM by Markom »