Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sound Clip Links  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Sound Clip Links
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »
OK, Mysterious WebMaster. Here is an idea for you.

We now have a bunch of sound clips from very talented Parker Players in the forum. They show a wide variety of styles and showcase the versatility of the instruments. But they are spread out over the forum and sometimes are surrounded by extraneous discussions.

It would be great if you start a thread or heading with just the actual sound clip links. Maybe with a one or two sentence summary (spec sheet)on the performer,style, the guitar model, the type PU's, and Amp/equipment used.

There would be specific instructions not to post any comments about the clips. The thread would be for direct links to sound clips only. We could always discuss the clips under "Discussion/Comments" and refer to the link (ie clip # 21).

This way new forum members would have a great resource w/o having to ask "Anyone got sound clips".

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:41:56 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Sound Clip Links

Offline gryder

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »
Think this has been knocked around before. However, if you get anyone who's willing to provide clips, I'm happy to provide hosting / website for it all, if Parker do not want it on thier offical website

Greg

Sound Clip Links

Offline jamrcat

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
I just want to add my vote to this, I think it is a good idea! [:)]

Bellingham, WA
"A Fly for each hand!"

Sound Clip Links

Offline Musicman1

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 12:41:46 PM »
So do I.  I frequently cannot open some of the clips from other users such as the new P20 Pro clip.

Musicman1

2005 Parker P44
2002 EB MM Axis Sport
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom
Wide variety of amps and effects

Musicman1's current arsenal includes:
2007 EB MM JP6, Mystic Dream, piezo, matching headstock, dot inlays
2005 Parker P44, trans red
2002 EB MM Axis Sport  trans gold, rosewood fingerboard, hum/hum, vintage trem, matching headstock
1984 Custom made boutique Strat
1977 Guild D40 NT
1976 Gibson 335 Custom in sunburst
A variety of "tube free", absolutely non-boutique and completely replaceable amps and effects

Sound Clip Links

Offline uburoibob

• Bob Martin 11:11
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »
I will start, having posted this link elsewhere:

Margaret Explosion plays spacey, jazzy stuff that we make up on the spot. Rather than jamming, it's more of a spontaneous collective composition kind of thing. Not playing to support solos, but to see where we can, together, move a theme. Doesn't always work, but if it's DOA, we end it early and move on.

We have a weekly gig on Wednesday nights between 8 and 10 pm at the Little Theater Cafe in Rochester, NY.

I play several different Flys - an Artist with Gen 2 pups, a Deluxe with Gen 2 pups, a Classic with Gen 1 pups, and I played but sold a Supreme with Gen 1 pups.

I play through a Vox Valvetronix 30 watt amp sometimes, using a Line 6 PodXT Live, although some of these recordings have that amp being used with my old Boss ME 50 multieffect unit. Other times, through an AER Alpha amp, using a Zoom G2 (which I particularly like with my Classic). And when we record, I have used a Fender Squier 75 amp (but it's a prototype that I got from someone who used to work there - voiced very differently. I got two, and my sax player plays through one).

The live shows are recorded direct to a Sony CD Recorder using two AudioTechnica 4031 Condenser mics. Studio stuff is a variety of mics including some Neumann, Sony, AT, Sennheiser, and Shure mics direct to Cubase on the Mac, or, these days, to an Alesis HD24 through an Alesis Multimix12R for tracking. New stuff is being mixed in Cubase SX3.

Here's the link: www.margaretexplosion.com

Check out the song 1969 - it puts the Fly through it's paces (and the processor's paces, too -  A Digitech RP-7 at the time...)

NOTE: SOME OF THE BELOW ARE AAC FILES. You MAY need the latest iTunes to be able to play them. The .m4A in the file name indicates which are AACs...

---------

Here's one more to something I did on my own, with a country flavor. The acoustic is a Steve Klein M-43 Oval Hole. The steel-sounding licks are a Steinberger Spirit and the lead melody parts when they kick in are my old Black Fly Deluxe (sorry, I don't remember the year)  recorded through a Zoom 9002 (comes in at 2:23 into the song) as is the lead when it happens. This was recorded in the late 90s. Please note that by clicking on the link, the download will begin right away.

http://homepage.mac.com/uburoi/.cv/uburoi/Sites/.Public/11_11%20Outtake/bill%20in%20the%2090's.mp3-zip.zip

-----

Couple more: The night that we invaded Iraq 3 years ago, I put this together as I watched the shock and awe images unfold on television. It's 3 tracks of Fly Artist (Gen 2 pups) and one track of Asbory Bass. Recorded directly to a Korg PX4R 4-track Pandora palm-sized recorder. Pretty abstract, but sums up how I felt about what I was watching:

http://homepage.mac.com/uburoi/.cv/uburoi/Sites/.Public/Other%20Songs/spellboundremix.m4a-zip.zip

--------

And then this... every year, since 1999, I record a song for the Christmas holidays that I send to family, friends, clients and colleagues. For 2005 it was Little Drummer Boy. This is all my Fly Artist (Gen 2 pups), with a Taylor Bass. Guitar tracks here are through the Line6 TonePort (the cheaper one). I now think that the compression is a little thick on the lead voice:

http://homepage.mac.com/uburoi/.cv/uburoi/Sites/.Public/XMAS%20Songs/01%20The%20Little%20Drummer%20Boy%20(2005).m4a-zip.zip

NOTE: Please CUT AND PASTE this address into your browser, as the parenthesis prevent the link from working.

------

One more... this is the title song of my first CD 11:11 (no, I am not the Bob Martin folk singer guy who released an album called Working Man). This is called eleven eleven. The song is about 18 minutes long, and this has my old black Fly Deluxe all over it. It doubles the acoustic guitar riff that sets the whole song up. It's the lead instrument. It handles background washes. This is 22 tracks layered with loops, etc recorded in Cubase straight to a variety of Macs over time. Part of a collection intended for yoga instructors, massage therapists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, etc. Very mellow. Remember, this is 18 minutes of download. Good new is, if you can't sleep at night, listen to this... you will be able to.

http://homepage.mac.com/uburoi/.cv/uburoi/Sites/.Public/11_11/03%20eleven%20eleven.m4a-zip.zip

Hope these give you an idea of the different ways I use the Fly.

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 07:36:09 AM by uburoibob »
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Sound Clip Links

Offline gryder

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 06:47:04 AM »
I've start trawling though the forum trying to build a complete list of all the clips that have been posted on this site and try and bring them together in once place. I'll post it once I'm done!

Greg

Sound Clip Links

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 07:21:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by gryder

I've start trawling though the forum trying to build a complete list of all the clips that have been posted on this site and try and bring them together in once place. I'll post it once I'm done!

Greg

That would be wonderful, Greg. I was going to do that but then I remembered how lazy I am and caught myself just in time.

One suggestion for you: Stick to a strict "spec sheet" type format or the text gets kind of rambly and the links are less useful.

Also, once you get er done,  start it on a new thread and let this one die. This one  is already rambling. [;)]

Custom '03 Hardtail Artist ; Fly Deluxe 2000; Gibson ES137; 1974 K.Yari DY85; Waterproof SchecterDisposable; Martin Backpacker/paddle combo;LarriveeParlor
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:22:16 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Sound Clip Links

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:34:36 AM »
For Sound Clip Links Only (no discussions or questions here please). Please use the standard format below by clicking on the "reply with quote" feature in the tool bar menue at the top of this post. [8D]

LINK:

Guitarist:

Band:

Music Syle:

Guitar(s):

Pups:

Amp/boxes/rig:

Method recorded:

One sentence comment: [Done by the contributing forum member regarding the guitar work herein featured (no poetical waxing,lyrical explanations, or apologies).
This might say something like; Thirty seconds into the piece I swithced from mixed mode to bridge pup/coil tap/stomped me box (ect) to get that tone for my solo.]

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:47:13 AM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Sound Clip Links

Offline uburoibob

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 10:14:04 AM »
OK, I guess I went overboard, as well as jumping the gun...

Bob

2000 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail  *  1999 Parker Fly Deluxe w/DiBurro Roland Mod Metallic Red  * 1998 Fly Classic in Transparent Dark Blue (thanks, Darren!) •  Now on a signature reduction program! Just the Flies, maam. *  www.rtmadvertising.com
1999 Parker Fly Artist Custom Hardtail Butterscotch -   2000 Fly Standard Classic in Cherry Red - http://bobmartin1111.com

Sound Clip Links

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:42:23 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by uburoibob

OK, I guess I went overboard, as well as jumping the gun...

Bob

Not at all, Bob. We are lucky to have your contributions. I am sure we are still trying to figure the most helpful way. I was hoping some type of Parker Webmaster would jump in to help. Would be nice if it was its own category.

Meanwhile ,I wish you, Capt Rusty, Jacques, Jason, David,Francis P  and everyone would repost with this format and get the ball rolling because we have lots of talent on board here (and I know I missed a bunch of others that I hope will repost a working link).

« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 07:42:39 PM by Bill »
A few Flys in my soup

Sound Clip Links

Offline jamrcat

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 09:15:05 PM »
quote:
Would be nice if it was its own category.

I suggest we stick it in with Evolution or Intelligent Design, or make it it's own category in the same area as that is! [;)]

Bellingham, WA
"A Fly for each hand!"

Sound Clip Links

Offline Alvinus

• http://www.jacquesguitars.com
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 03:23:23 AM »
Great idea Bill! I'm so curious how other people play their Parkers since you don't see or hear a lot of 'em elsewhere. I posted my existing stuff right away and I'm working on some more.

And Bob: great recordings. I was really impressed by the musical comment on the Iraq invasion which can be played as a musical background to all the horrifying documentaries we've been watching about this Bush-Cheney enterprise....
Can't seem to get your Little Drummer though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 03:40:32 AM by Alvinus »
Jacques
the Netherlands
About my guitars & sounds: http://www.jacquesguitars.com

Sound Clip Links

Offline Bill

• What is this ?
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 06:02:08 AM »
Hey , Jacques, that looks great.

Funny I had no trouble going to your web page using the link in your past posts but for some reason the link on the new clips page doesn't work for me?

BTW, great info and clips on your web page.--bill

A few Flys in my soup

Sound Clip Links

Offline uburoibob

Sound Clip Links
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 07:37:15 AM »
quote:
Can't seem to get your Little Drummer though.

Jacques
the Netherlands
About my guitars & sounds: http://www.jacquesguitars.com

Hey Jacques,

Please CUT AND PASTE this address into your browser, as the parenthesis prevent the link from working.

I listened to your clips. GREAT STUFF! Very nice. I enjoyed listening to them all!

Bob

Sound Clip Links

Offline jd84mc884qb

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
Sound Clip Links
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 03:48:43 PM »
Parker hears your pleas. Wish granted. See new forum posted on Forums home page.

- Mysterious Web Guy