Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Piezo pickup problem!  (Read 4283 times)

Offline blindingsky

Piezo pickup problem!
« on: February 03, 2007, 02:00:14 PM »
Hi,
I have a NFV6. The piezo stopped working for my high E string so I bought a new saddle from Parker and installed it. Needless to say, I think I messed something up (which I usually don't do when working on guitars). Anyway I get no output from any string now. I tried to determine if I was getting signal at the input of the piezo preamp. When soldering, I noticed that all of the saddles connect to a metal strip that is at the back of the tremolo. But I didn't see a wire from the strip going out to the piezo pre-amp to determine if signal was getting there. Does anyone have any ideas or have a wiring diagram/schematic?

thanks - blindingksy

Piezo pickup problem!

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
Piezo pickup problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:38:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by blindingsky

Hi,
I have a NFV6. The piezo stopped working for my high E string so I bought a new saddle from Parker and installed it. Needless to say, I think I messed something up (which I usually don't do when working on guitars). Anyway I get no output from any string now. I tried to determine if I was getting signal at the input of the piezo preamp. When soldering, I noticed that all of the saddles connect to a metal strip that is at the back of the tremolo. But I didn't see a wire from the strip going out to the piezo pre-amp to determine if signal was getting there. Does anyone have any ideas or have a wiring diagram/schematic?

thanks - blindingksy

Let us know if that helps (what was sent to you). Ya never know around here... you just might save someone else a huge headache in the future. [;)]

BTW, Welcome to the forum.... Stick around!

Jamie

www.USCustomShop.com <coming soon>

Piezo pickup problem!

Offline onthefly

Piezo pickup problem!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 07:43:45 PM »
I got this diagram/schematic with a Nitefly I got last year and thought it might help.

I wasn't sure what Jamie sent you but even if you were all set someone else might find this in a search that needs help.

Good luck,

GB

03 Parker Fly Supreme ~ 00 Parker Fly Stealth
98 Parker Fly TulipWood LTD ~ 98 Parker Fly Artist
97 Parker Fly Classic-Teal ~ 95 Parker Fly Deluxe-Emerald Green W/GK3
93 Parker Fly Deluxe-Black RP ~ 93 Parker Fly-White RP

Piezo pickup problem!

Offline ChicagoKid

• http://www.USCustomShop.com
Piezo pickup problem!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »
GB,
  That's the one I sent him. Hopefully he gets it worked out...

Piezo pickup problem!

Offline rt0412

Piezo pickup problem!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 10:46:33 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by blindingsky

When soldering, I noticed that all of the saddles connect to a metal strip that is at the back of the tremolo. But I didn't see a wire from the strip going out to the piezo pre-amp to determine if signal was getting there. You might have mistaken the thin (really thin) coaxial cable that goes to the piezo preamp for a ground wire. It's possible that you have accidentally grounded (through a solder splatter probably) the hot lead of that coaxial cable when you were resoldering the new saddle.