Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Factory Paint Shop video  (Read 3240 times)

Offline PeterMa

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:06:15 PM by PeterMa »
Peter in MA.

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline danjazzny

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 01:10:56 PM »
Hey Peter, cool video's! Thanks. [8D][;)]

'05 Mojo++'95 Deluxe++'98 Classic++'97 Alex Artist ++'99 Simonized Artist++Flextone3++SpiderValve 212
'99 Simonized Artist 4lbs13oz; '97 TransRed Artist 4lbs9oz; '00 TransCherry Classic w/SD's 5lbs3oz; Line 6 Vetta II

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline jamrcat

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:31 PM »
The second video was very interesting and informative. Thanks a bunch!!! [:D]

"A Fly for each hand!"
"A Fly for each hand!"

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline 21st Century Schizoid Man

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »
Great! Thanks for sharing.

But I do have to nitpick: Our hero Chuck says "years ago Ken Parker did an advert where he put a Parker across two chairs and stood on it". Oh, rilly?  

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:30:49 PM »
Yeah, um, that would have been Ned Steinberger, not Ken Parker.  I wouldn't try that trick with MY Fly!  Come to think of it, I wouldn't try that trick with a Steinberger - I weigh about 220, I bet Ned is close to 100 pounds lighter!  [:p][:0][:D]

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, 2000 Fly Stealth, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

Factory Paint Shop video

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 03:16:52 AM »
Yeah, and in the advert his shirt is plainly full of helium! :^)

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline laughinglarry

• http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:17:55 PM »
http://www.musicyo.com/steinberger/video.aspx?video=DontTryThisAtHome

You'll have to allow an Active X control to run, but this is still fun.  [;)]

Hey 21stCSM, just where do you think that helium is?  [:0][:p][:D]

(BTW - I know you're a 'Berger owner too, and that you were being facetious.  Me too! [:p])

Larry

2000 Fly Deluxe Single 2, 2000 Fly Stealth, '97 Fly Deluxe (with GK-2A), '07 Steinberger GM-7TA, '04 Steinberger GLB-2S, '89 Strat Plus, '92 Les Paul Custom, Ibanez Silver Series (Strat), Epiphone Dot, '65 Mustang, Yamaha BB3000AF, Peavey Foundation, Hamer Cruisebass
http://www.myspace.com/larrysmithmusic
www.myspace.com/karmagenerator

Factory Paint Shop video

Offline Marco76

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:51:50 PM »
1) The "factory tour" is a great boon to those of us who cannot get to the bricks and mortar! I learned a lot and will be passing this link along to some of my non-Parker guitarist friends. It just takes it all out of the realm of something a sales rep said. As you guys well know, lots of people think the whole neck is carbon fiber or that the composite is the greater part of the guitar's volume. You tell them the truth, but they go away with their same old conception. Seeing the wood of the fret board area of the neck brings home that it is a wood neck with a thin shell of composite. In fact, the neck has some extra thickness that you might not think from how thin it "plays," because most of the thickness of the "fretboard" is actually the neck wood. I would not be surprised if the Fly necks were as thick as about any.
2. Wasn't there one mis-statement at the end when we are told that the guitar "actually has a maple top"? In the vernacular of guitar construction, wouldn't that be inconsistent with it actually being a veneer? Maybe the guy's next comment would have straightened that out, that's where they cut him off.
3. Is there a formal or practical similarity between the "Steinberger process" and the "Parker process"?

Thanks for your comments.
Marco

Factory Paint Shop video

Factory Paint Shop video
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Marco76

1)
3. Is there a formal or practical similarity between the "Steinberger process" and the "Parker process"?

Very little as far as I know, except in the general sense that two really smart and innovative guys looked at the electric-guitar-making process from scratch and came up with their own ideas. The original Steinberger guitar and basses are made 100% from some kind of molded composite and essentially have no wood in them at all. Later models have wooden bodies with composite necks. Steinberger also intoduced an innovative type of tremolo that can keep the strings in tune with each order as the whammy is being used and can be locked into place at various atsges of the trems travel.